Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rate this Entry

The most versatile Font.

Posted June 4th, 2010 at 11:25 AM by Magus

The most versatile font would be the...

No, wrong guess; courier is not the text you sought for it to be the most "versatile font".

It would be "terminal", named after the airport font used in terminals. Or, that's how I think it got its name.

If you can see, it shapes varies accordingly with its size.

I cannot demonstrate it here, as this blog fonts, or the whole VBulletin doesn't support it.

Since I have it pre-installed and available in windows XP. As that's how I got it. If you don't have it, try to download it from somewhere.

Its major use is in making of ASCII arts along with ANSI arts, using the MS Text Editor.

It is a unique mono-spaced font.
Well, good luck in trying to use it.

It is controversial about whether it is good or not. Since this is a personal preference, I love this font.
Posted in CyberTech
Views 1903 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I dont think the name "terminal" has any connection to airports. Its because it was the font used in MS-DOS command windows an in terminal emulators for UNIX and LINUX systems. A terminal in this sense being a VDU and a keyboard - ie. the user interface to the computer.
  2. Old Comment
    Magus's Forum Picture
    Yeah. You are right.