Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rate this Entry

..A second chance?

Posted September 19th, 2011 at 05:29 PM by Joe1996

Hello,
At my school for my first, second and third year I was in one group and the other half of the people my age were in the other group. Basically, one group goes to lunch and break at different times to the other group, also people in group 'A' are not in the same lessons as the people from group 'B'. So, people in group A don't know the people in group B.
I'm not sure why my school does that, but for some reason it does.

I have just stared my fourth year (about 3 weeks ago) at this school, for some odd reason, I'm now in the other group. This means I don't know anyone, and no one knows me.
Everyone found out I was gay about 2 years ago and no one mentions it now so it took me a while to realise that no one knows I'm gay.

In this group, No one knows I'm gay. (I just said that)
I'm not ashamed of being gay, I'm just wondering if me telling everyone will cause all the problems I had 2 years ago. I think of my new friends finding about me being gay and treating me differently, and truth be told, I don't want them to know.

This is confusing for me, I'm happy with people knowing I'm gay, but now it just seems different. Also, I don't regret telling everyone. I also feel bad because, in a way, I'm lying to them (indirectly).

This is like a second chance, I could tell them and risk going through all the pain again, or I could pretend to be straight and avoid the pain.

I know it's my choice, but I don't know what to do. Maybe now because we're all 14 and 15 people will be mature enough to accept it (unlike 2 years ago)
I just don't know what to do.

I think I'll just lye low for a while, not mention sexuality and avoid being asked about it until I'm sure what to do.
Any opinions about this are appreciated.

Thanks, Joe.

PS: I'm too lazy to proof read this, also I'm tired. Feel free to point out typos.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1105 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Glad to hear everythings going alright for you so far, if I were you I would lie low for a while, people mature at different ages so you might be suprisrd how many haven't matured yet. One person can crash everything if your friendship isn't close. I'd leave it for a while until you van rely on your friends without a doubt, I know how hard this can be.

I'm going through a similar stage at the moment. But have found that there isn't much along the lines of prompting for sexual orientation, so you might find that no one really cares anymore and itll be like telling them what you had for breakfast this morning. But if the oppertunity comes along, pop the fact that you are gay in (if you feel comfortsble with it) and you probs won't get a single bad reaction.

Hope this helps, feel free to mail me if you wanna talk
  2. Old Comment
    Joe1996's Forum Picture
    [QUOTE=Wheatley;bt43981]Glad to hear everythings going alright for you so far, if I were you I would lie low for a while, people mature at different ages so you might be suprisrd how many haven't matured yet. One person can crash everything if your friendship isn't close. I'd leave it for a while until you van rely on your friends without a doubt, I know how hard this can be.

I'm going through a similar stage at the moment. But have found that there isn't much along the lines of prompting for sexual orientation, so you might find that no one really cares anymore and itll be like telling them what you had for breakfast this morning. But if the oppertunity comes along, pop the fact that you are gay in (if you feel comfortsble with it) and you probs won't get a single bad reaction.

Hope this helps, feel free to mail me if you wanna talk :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the comment ;)

I will not mention it until I have close friends in this group. :)