Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Random
Stuff
From
Me

Cool.

Idunevenknow.
Rate this Entry

This could get veeery eenterestink indeed...

Posted September 8th, 2008 at 04:58 PM by Serenity

Hello my dearies.

As many of you know, I'm now a senior in high school. That means...*drum roll* *trumpet fanfares* *baited breath* Senior Prom! When I was in elementary/middle school I told my mom over and over quite firmly that I definitely wouldn't be going to that stupid mushy prom thing that was nothing but a waste of time and money.

I held true to this promise last year for Junior Prom [which apparently was a good decision- all the reviews were terrible. Though people positively RAVED about afterprom]. Now it's time for the big one and I'm still not really keen on the whole senior prom thing.

That is...until my friends and I came up with this feeeeee-nomenal idea today at lunch. I should definitely go to Sr. Prom...with my best friend Maddy. And I should wear a tux. With a bowtie.

LOL.

Not only would it be legendary and history-making at my school, but my friends and many others would pretty much worship us for the gesture and downright ballsyness of it.

The complications?

1.) Known to very, very, very few [well, more now lol], I really am bisexual. So I would pretty much become this spectacle for gay rights and the like at my school.

2.) Maddy is very straight.

3.) Known to one person [my other best friend Donna] I'm preeeeeeeetty much head-over-heels for this damned girl. Which is retarded. I learned my lesson with Nick- don't fall for best friends. Especially not extremely complicated best friends whose relationships I absolutely positively cannot ever mess with if I want to live with myself.

4.) If I go to prom with a girl...my family will go APESHIT. Like seriously. APE. SHIT. Like, they might lock me in a church. Seriously. I wouldn't be able to COUNT the phone calls and house visits from concerned family members [I]literally[/I] trying to pray the gay out of me.

All things considered, though, I wonder if it wouldn't be worth it. I have no doubt we would all have the time of our lives, especially b/c it'd be an excuse for Maddy, the only one in our little 4some that isn't a senior, to come to prom with us. Plus, again, it would be FUCKING EPIC lol.

Hmmmmm. Well, prom's not for a while so I'll think about it. But lots of thinking there shall be indeed....ooooo....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2955 Comments 19
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 19

Comments

1. Old Comment
    That would be funny
    I would seriously laugh at pictures of you as the prom king.
    Lol.
  2. Old Comment
    Bobby's Forum Picture
    Don't do it. The cons outweigh the pros. I'll go with you Val
  3. Old Comment
    Your just saying that cause you jealous bobby. Do it and see how it turns out. It could be fun and you could get a lot of laughs out of it. Show that school the Ball busting Valtastic we all know and love.
    Posted September 8th, 2008 at 08:13 PM by The Batman The Batman is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Bobby's Forum Picture
    Yeah. I'm jealous. You caught me.
  5. Old Comment
    Antares's Forum Picture
    Quote:
    4.) If I go to prom with a girl...my family will go APESHIT. Like seriously. APE. SHIT. Like, they might lock me in a church. Seriously. I wouldn't be able to COUNT the phone calls and house visits from concerned family members literally trying to pray the gay out of me.
    Val you are hilarious

Well I say go for it! If you are a strong enough person to weather the storm that may follow this 'prank' (if that is what it is) then go for it! It's senior year! You have nothing better to do! Live life! W00tage!
  6. Old Comment
    Zephyr's Forum Picture
    Sarah, Melissa and I planned on doing the whole tuxedos and top hats at prom this last year
    But sadly I had to work that night since half of the crew asked for that night off before me.

Really though,
    Just do it.
    Tell your family that it's for shits and giggles,
    Pure fun.
    They can't lock you in a church confessional for wanting to have innocent fun
    It's your life to make your own memories with,
    Not everybody else's.
  7. Old Comment
    [QUOTE]They can't lock you in a church confessional for wanting to have innocent fun [/QUOTE]

Ohhh but they can.
  8. Old Comment
    Maverick's Forum Picture
    I'd bust you out, Val!
  9. Old Comment
    lol Ant you're a true friend :P
  10. Old Comment
    ShatteredWings's Forum Picture
    Quote:
    Known to very, very, very few [well, more now lol]
    yup you just told all of VT xD

I say do it! Welll... maybe not a tux lol, get her to wear it

It's just a big joke, maybe your 'rent'll get that through their heads?
    Posted September 10th, 2008 at 07:59 PM by ShatteredWings ShatteredWings is offline
  11. Old Comment
    Here's what you do val. You take a backpack with you and say your staying over a friends house after. And say your getting dressed there to. Woolah you can put the suit on and head out.
    Posted September 10th, 2008 at 09:00 PM by The Batman The Batman is offline
  12. Old Comment
    [QUOTE]get [I]her[/I] to wear it [/QUOTE]

No, we agreed since I'm taller I'm the one wearing the tux.

[QUOTE]You take a backpack with you and say your staying over a friends house after.[/QUOTE]

*blink* you want me to put a tuxedo in a bookbag?
  13. Old Comment
    Antares's Forum Picture
    Quote:
    *blink* you want me to put a tuxedo in a bookbag?
    Yeah, that wouldn't be such a great idea.

Well...unless you bring a steam press/iron with you
  14. Old Comment
    Quote:
    No, we agreed since I'm taller I'm the one wearing the tux.
    but it would be FUNNIERRR. Well i guess if she's realllyy girlie it woudln't work.

well, you could take the suit, and keep it at whomever's house instead. seamless don'tcha think?
    Posted September 12th, 2008 at 05:28 PM by ShatteredWings ShatteredWings is offline
    Updated September 12th, 2008 at 05:29 PM by ShatteredWings (gross spelling error)
  15. Old Comment
    Put it in one of those bag thingies.
    Posted September 13th, 2008 at 04:03 PM by The Batman The Batman is offline
  16. Old Comment
    alright, how would you hide that then? well i guess you could roll it up.
    Posted September 13th, 2008 at 04:14 PM by ShatteredWings ShatteredWings is offline
  17. Old Comment
    No need to hide it because it could easily look like there is a dress in there instead. [IMG]http://www.chinatraderonline.com/Files/Gifts-and-Crafts/Bag/Bag01/Suit-Bag-21545878135.jpg[/IMG]see
    Posted September 13th, 2008 at 07:21 PM by The Batman The Batman is offline
  18. Old Comment
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

how'd it work out?
    *has no idea when it is*
    Posted October 19th, 2008 at 09:13 AM by ShatteredWings ShatteredWings is offline
  19. Old Comment
    What happened Valerie?!