Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

You have entered the Underground, there is no turning back now. Darkness is dragging you in, light is fading out of the picture. Enshrouded in darkness, reading may be hard, but at this point, reading will be the only pleasure at your disposal.
Rate this Entry

Success

Posted September 7th, 2008 at 03:45 PM by Underground_Network

At this point I feel as if success is impossible. Nothing is good enough. A 100 on a test means nothing to me anymore. It used to get me all happy and proud, but now I don't care. A 100 on a test isn't going to save thousands of lives, a 100 on a test isn't going to turn this world around. Maybe my goals ARE impossible.

I want to succeed, but I don't know what success is anymore. I used to think success was progress, but it seems it's not. Success is achievement, and to me, a 100 on a test is not an achievement. And at this point I don't even know what an achievement is. I don't know, I think I'd need to achieve something first for me to discover that it truly is an achievement.

Maybe progress is success, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't know. I think because I feel as if I can't succeed that I'm just not motivated enough to do anything positive in/with my life. I just don't feel like doing anything.

I've always been selfless, but now I'm drifting more and more towards caring about nothing. I used to care about other people, even strangers more than myself, but now I just don't care about anyone at all, not even my family.

I just feel as if I was put on this Earth by accident, that I can't succeed, that I'm not meant to be here. I know how ridiculous that sounds, but that's what I feel like at this point...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1018 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Let me tell you something, Adam. I was like that all through high school as well. I still am like that a bit. I think succeeding is to not fail. (obviously) I see success as an achievement. Not necessarily progress. I do know how you are feeling. That is just how we are. I'm sorry that I can't really help you.
    Posted September 7th, 2008 at 07:10 PM by theOperaGhost theOperaGhost is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Atonement's Forum Picture
    Ahmen
    Posted September 7th, 2008 at 07:34 PM by Atonement Atonement is offline