Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rate this Entry

Why I am careful of fakes

Posted June 4th, 2019 at 06:08 PM by Elise05

It was just a year ago. I came online (on another site), and befriended someone my age. We started just talking about regular stuff. Then our conversations were more personal. I didn't mind. It's nice to have a friend to share these things with. Well, this person messed up and said something that indicated they were not who they said they were. In fact, I figured out that this person was not only male but also probably a lot older. I felt violated. I trusted the person. So I am careful. I won't tell you everything I do because I don't want to write a how-to for cat fishing.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 152 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I've had that happen to me too. I find myself being a little more cautious of people who don't show a picture or just seem kind of...off, like posting for years with the same age but different info. Luckily some of us actually do like to make friends and are real, but I definitely agree with being safe :)