Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

What can I say, the title says it all.
Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.

Thank You

Posted August 4th, 2008 at 10:00 PM by redcar
Updated March 5th, 2010 at 12:42 PM by redcar

I have been a member since 15th December 2004.
I have posted in excess of 8,500 posts. (Our hidden forums don’t have post count )
I have sent more PM’s than I care to remember.
I have made 19 Blog entries. This is my 20th.

This is the hardest thing I have had to write.

As you may have noticed, I have lost my Admin face and rank. Ben may have already explained all this. Bear with me, I am currently travelling around Europe, this is a post dated Blog.

This has been a planed event. When I say planned, I decided a month ago that this was the time for me to go. I let Ben and Francis know about two weeks ago and the rest of the senior staff just the other day. Apart from that no one else knew. I decided on this time because it was when I would be away from a computer for a month. I am too old to be an Admin. It was time to go, and this is a perfect time.

VT means so much to me. I will truly miss it. I have always tried to do the best for VT.

However I am nearly 21, I am heading into my final year in college, and it’s my time to go.

There are so many people I want to something about. Unfortunately I have neither the time nor the energy for a bigger list, but in September I promise to come on and say a proper thank you.

But in the meantime this will have to do, the people I work with the most:

Ben
What can I say? This guy is amazing. Seriously. He has done so much work with VT and most of it you will never see. He keeps it alive. I have had the pleasure of working with him continually since I became a staff member at the beginning of 2006. Two and a half years of putting up with me. The guy is a saint.

Francis
You are VT’s last great mystery. To me anyway. You have been here so long but yet I know so little.
You’re a great guy though. You are a founding admin and I have nothing but respect and praise for what you have done with VT. Without your input, I think I can safely say, VT wouldn’t exist. For that I thank you.

Cody
Dude you’re the greatest. A VT legend. You have been here since the beginning basically and you have done so much. I remember when you were off VT for a few months, the place wasn’t the same. You’re like the lifeblood of VT. I love you man.

Dante
I always put you and Cody together. You joined basically the same time, put so much into this place, and when you left it felt empty. I have so much respect for you. We got to know each other really well last year and I am so glad we did. You are an amazing guy.

Ant
My little Antykins.
Dude you’re the best. You’re always there for a chat, when I need to rant and more often than not when I needed help with vB. You are great GMod, never afraid to speak your mind, always ready to help out and always ready to put n00b’s in their place. I couldn’t imagine VT without you.

Val
Last but by no means least. Val, honestly I don’t know what to say about you. Words like amazing, great, fantastic all seem like an understatement. I have never met someone with such a heart of gold. You’re the kind of person everyone would love to have as a friend. You are the definition of a good friend. As a GMod you have been absolutely amazing. And still that’s an understatement.

As an Admin I worked very closely with the other Admins and GMods and as a whole I want to say thank you. A better team I couldn’t possibly ask for.

But the VT staff doesn’t just consist of the GMods and Admins, there is also everyone else. All the moderators. People who put time and effort into VT. I have to say looking at our current staff, you guys are amazing. I can really see how VT has changed and developed with your help. I know I haven’t really said it much, but thank you. Thank you all for everything.

For the last week I have trying to think what my legacy with VT is. What can I look back on and say, “I did that. It made VT a better place, and it was me who did it.”
I couldn’t think of a single thing. It actually bothered me, I started thinking, was I that useless?
Then it dawned on me. The reason I couldn’t think of anything I did was because that’s not how VT operates. We do things as a whole. VT is the way it is today not because of one person, not because of two people, not because of a group of people, but because of everyone. Every member that is here today and every member that has ever been a part of this place. That’s who have made VT a better place.

I think it is time for me to end this very long and structureless blog. But I finish by saying, keep in touch. Send me an email. In time I will be forgotten, and that’s how it should be.

But I’ll never forget VT.

So this is me signing off and in the words of the Von Trapp family kids, so long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, adieu.

xxx
Views 7474 Comments 36
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 36

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Techno Monster's Forum Picture
    I am not just saying this when I say I AM GOING TO MISS YOU!!!
    Posted August 4th, 2008 at 10:37 PM by Techno Monster Techno Monster is offline
  2. Old Comment
    :( You are a great guy, Alex. You will be missed, but, we all grow up some time. Have a great life!
    Posted August 4th, 2008 at 10:39 PM by theOperaGhost theOperaGhost is offline
  3. Old Comment
    You WOULD sign off with a quote from the Sound of Music...good memories from the Flashchat.

Every memory I have of my Alexander is a good one. I'll cherish them when you're gone.

:hug:

There's really not much else I can say, you know? I will most definitely be it touch :daisy:
  4. Old Comment
    Alex!
    You will be missed a whole bunch
    I mean a WHOLE bunch.
    You are... An excellent person. I can't really say much more.
    I wish you well in your life (:
    Have fun and be happy.

Edit: At first i was in shock, and didn't add any smilies lol (:

Updated August 5th, 2008 at 01:26 PM by Oblivion
  5. Old Comment
    Antares's Forum Picture
    Im confused...but youre like the bestest Alex
  6. Old Comment
    Bobby's Forum Picture
    :O

Alex. I'm going to miss you a ton. I'm literally in shock right now. I hope life goes well, I hope you succeed. You deserve the best.
  7. Old Comment
    Zephyr's Forum Picture
    I knew it!
    The 'My Way' video in your diary...
    I had a feeling about this,
    Yet I'm still in shock.
    I will miss you tons, oh lord and master
    I wish nothing but the best in life for you hun,
    Good luck = ]
  8. Old Comment
    Gumleaf's Forum Picture
    i'm sorry you have decided to go alex, but i'm sure the time will come for all of us at some point. you will be missed here greatly. thank you for everything you have done here!
  9. Old Comment
    Gavin's Forum Picture
    I wish you all the best alex, Dont ever forget VT.
  10. Old Comment
    Kiros's Forum Picture
    You always said that I had a way with words, but from what I see, you are the guy with the talent. That was an amazing speech to retire with. We're all going to miss you, Alex. I hope to keep in contact with you even as the years pass.

Peace
  11. Old Comment
    aww.
  12. Old Comment
    Maverick's Forum Picture
    In the two and a half years I've been here and with all the people that have come and gone, you're the only one (so far) I actually feel sad to see leave.
  13. Old Comment
    Bobby's Forum Picture
    I agree with Anthony. Except I would add Josh, but his leave wasn't exactly announced.

I would like to elaborate now that it's not early in the morning. Alex. Oh Alex. You are just one of those people in my eyes that we should all aim to be like. You have the perfect balance of professionalism and fun. I've had some good talks with you, I've also had some arguements with you. But you've changed this site. Literally. You have been one of the key people in making the site what it is today. Even in your late days of being a global moderator, you led the sight in a way that is currently unmatched.

Yes, this might sound like I'm sucking up, but I'm not. Really, I envy you. You're happy, you seem content with yourself and I hope you can continue to be happy and live a successful life. I know you will
  14. Old Comment
    ALEX!!! DID. I. SAY. YOU. COULD. LEAVE?!?!

Very mad at you!!

Nah, I'm not. Seriously man, it's been great knowing you and I'm really sad you are leaving. This place is not gonna be the same without you. Still, pop on MSN occassionally and say hi to your favourite Kiwi chick!
    Posted August 5th, 2008 at 10:26 PM by RaisingSand RaisingSand is offline
  15. Old Comment
    Malcolm Tucker's Forum Picture
    I totally understand, Alex that you feel you need to leave, and you will be missed. I cannot even imagine this place without you. (no offence senior staff), I will soo miss you, and I totally agree with Ant, it makes me sad to see you leave. I can only hope you'll pop on msn once in a while. Oh and enjoy Europe

Take care of yourself, and if you apply yourself, with the same courtesy, professionalism, and modesty like you did here, you could go very far, and I'm sure we all want to see that.

Take care,

Michea*l!
    Posted August 6th, 2008 at 05:23 AM by Malcolm Tucker Malcolm Tucker is offline
  16. Old Comment
    Close102's Forum Picture
    me and the rest of VT will always remember you. your ledgend will live for ever.
  17. Old Comment
    OMG your leaving I thought this day wouldn't come for years.

Alex you have truly touched the lives of many users on this site, with your irish humor, your witty remarks, and that huge thing in your head called a brain. What you have done for this site will never be forgotten and always appreciated. You will be truly missed. It sorta feels as if we're losing a good friend, but I understand that you need to focus more on your life and helping out those around you. You will always be loved by the many members of this site. Take care and don't forget to check in on us.

Goodbye alex(redcar) and goodluck in your future endeavors.
  18. Old Comment
    No alex! Il miss you! You rock!
  19. Old Comment
    Camazotz's Forum Picture
    Alex, you said you would be forgotten. You can never be forgotten. You are a legend to VT. We will all miss you dearly. Stories of your awesomeness will be passed on through generations of VT because there will NEVER be another Alex. There will NEVER be a person as great and caring as you. I wish you good luck and farewell. I hope you can find time later on to visit every once in a while.
  20. Old Comment
    Ryandel's Forum Picture
    We had out troubles together. But I could never have hated you. I'll miss you... very much so