Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rate this Entry

On the positive side of things

Posted January 6th, 2018 at 01:13 PM by NeonBlueButterfly

Maybe it's the side effects of the drugs they pumped me full of at the hospital (I'll be fine, don't worry), but I felt the need to talk about a few things that are going well for me today.

The cold that I thought I had turned out to be some sort of infection, but they gave me some IV drugs of some kind and I'm feeling much better. So, now I'm back at home all snuggled up under my blankets instead of staring at the ceiling tiles and naming them in an attempt to find something to do.

At the hospital, the nurse who was watching over me was SUPER cute. She had an amazing smile, and she was either kind enough or professional enough to pretend to ignore the fact that my heart rate probably jumped by twenty beats per minute whenever she had to touch me to check my pulse, breathing, or whatever.

The good news just keeps on coming, too. It's been confirmed that I have enough credits and I'm far enough ahead in my classes that I can take my final exams at the end of next month. If I pass (which I will), then I graduate in March, before I turn 17. I was even offered the choice of a small graduation ceremony for me if I wanted it, but I'm not real big on that sort of thing... just give me my diploma and show me the door.

I've finally managed to save up enough money to secure transportation to any college in the US that isn't in Hawaii or Alaska. I'd have to be careful with my budget until the classes started and all that, but if I had to leave today, I could afford it. I also have time to save up even more, which I intend to do. Now all I have to do is decide on a college and get the financial aid or scholarships to go. I'm not too worried about it, since colleges seem to like students that graduate early with a 4.0 and all that jazz.

I'd say that, for right now at least, things are headed in the right direction.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 193 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »