Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Not sure if this will delete my Last Blog or not, But, I am just completely bored!
So how is everyone doing?
I start my work expirience on Monday! Then it is Christmas, Then i turn 16, Then 2 months left of school! I AM SO EXCITED!
Well i got nothing to say ha ha.
Rate this Entry

Just curious?

Posted September 26th, 2017 at 04:31 AM by Dimentio

So I'm wondering, is it normal to view yourself as different entities?

I'll try to explain this as best as i can haha, so something I've always done is view me as past, present and future me, and although i view us as the same person giong on the same journey, at the same time i view us as different, seperate people, like i will see things i was into and what i did in my past life and it's like I'm seeing a completely different person, as i am, not only physically but mentally I'm always changing and evolving, so this past me might have liked/hated things that current me feels COMPLETELY different about

Another way i view myself as different entities is i have my brain, my body and then me, two examples i like to use with this is if my insomnia is playing up, is it because my brain has a lot on its mind and is just very busy and active, is my body feeling active and like it doesn't want to rest, or is something troubling me, or am i just simply not tired though my brain and body are? It's the same with depression

I should probably state, i have super bad memory issues so when i see my face, old friends or moments in time, i totally forgot they existed and what happened between and around those moments, so I'm only seeing what past me showed/spoke about, as a friend would see it who wasn't there in the moment, also i am CONSTANTLY changing, whether it's discovering new foods i like, opening my mind up more to different concepts, finding new hobbies, learning new things, whatever, basically every single day I'm trying to change and better myself, so that coupled with the memory issues, sometimes i wonder if i can't help BUT view myself as differnet people as those two things combined do make me a different person than before? XD
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 100 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Ragle's Forum Picture
    Interesting thoughts.

Personally I don't know if it's normal or even if other individuals can really see themselfes as each different entities.

I always see me as myself. Even if I review my past, reflect my present life, I always imagine myself as myself in the future.

The only difference is that I as a child I'd a much simplier image of the world than it is nowadays. I learned to understand stuff in more complex contexts and think that in future I'll be able to deal with this complexity on a more more laid back level than I do now.

Even if some character traits perhaps will define my adult self more as they do now, I probably wll just be myself in every stage of life.

On the other hand, I also know that my conscious perception of myself is only a really superficial reflection of what I really am.

And by this I mean the whole subconscious processes and layers of my personality, where, for example, decisions are made even before I become aware of them.

Maybe you've access to these subconscious levels more than I do and therefore you can perceive you as different entities, since you really don't know that part of yourself yet.

But I think, in the end, you'll always remain yourself, hopefully just a bit more matured to deal with life.