Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

This is a blog, not a vlog or a cog.
Rate this Entry

8 months

Posted December 25th, 2015 at 07:00 AM by northy

It has been 8 months since I joined this forum and I can still remember that evening quite vividly. I'm not surprised, I think that it was the happiest that I'd been for quite a while. I confessed that I was gay to the forum and finally began to understand that it is completely normal and that just because the people around me in real life hate it, doesn't mean that I'm wrong. They're wrong and they don't really know me, still don't. I never imagined that I would be here now typing this post back then, I didn't see any point in life and was ready to kill myself. I don't think I would be if it weren't for the brilliant people on here and the support that they've helped give me.
A lot has changed since then, ish. I'm still closeted and intend to be for the foreseeable future. I beat my illness that I had since Aug 2014 last month and am finally feeling like there's actually a point. I have started studying stuff that I actually like and have started to make an impact on the world through working with charities and open source software. I owe a lot to the people on here and intend to remain on here for as long as I can.

To another year.

(I bet that I won't post on here again for months after today. I'm just too lazy.)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 520 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Microcosm's Forum Picture
    I'm very happy to hear that you've gained so much from VT.
    Posted December 27th, 2015 at 09:50 PM by Microcosm Microcosm is offline