Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rate this Entry

New Year. New Start. Page one.

Posted January 2nd, 2014 at 01:59 AM by LouBerry

So, I saw something earlier that was talking about today being page one in a new 365 day book. So, I'm going to try to remember to write everyday just about what I did that day.

So, Page one.

I brought in the New Year last night with a kiss from Seth, and then pretty quickly fell asleep. I got up this morning and laid around the house all morning until lunch, then Seth came and picked me up and we went to his grandparents house with the family and hung out all afternoon. At seven, we went to a New Years show that one of our friends had put together at the local first Baptist church. I was a bit hesitant about going, due to my resent meltdown and the un-certainties it brought about God and pretty much my whole life, but Justin had worked so hard on getting everything ready and a boy I grew up with was guest speaking, so I decided I really needed to go to support them. We got there a little late and missed the first two bands, but got to hear all of the local bands/ solo performers, and they all did fantastic. Then Tyler got up to speak. What he said spoke to me on so many levels. I KNOW there is a God. Because I was angry at Him. You can't be angry at something you don't believe in. And I'm really going to start stepping up my game. I am a Christian, dang it. I'm not ashamed of that, actually I'm quite proud of it. I'm going to start doing more with my life than just getting by or making it work. I want to do something productive.

So, here are my New Years Resolutions:
1. Love more.
2. Whine less.
3. Love God more.
4. Understand God more.
5. Read my Bible more.
6. Spend more time in prayer.
7. Be more involved with my church.
8. Be a better girlfriend to Seth.
9. Make our relationship more focused on God.
10. Lay to rest my resentment and bitterness towards people who I believe have done me wrong.
11. Be proud of myself and the little things I do.
12. Love myself.
13. Learn how to play guitar for real.
14. Loose fifteen more pounds.
15. Be more healthy.
16. Keep up my grades.
17. Adjust to college.
18. Become more confident.
19. Be a better friend.
20. Cherish every moment. No regrets.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 278 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »