Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.

Music Club.

Posted December 12th, 2013 at 09:03 PM by LouBerry

God used me in a big way today. Our choir performed four times today, even though we only had two scheduled, and we blew the roof every time. Our first performance was at a museum and was totally on the spot, there was a banquet going on, and when we went to walk past, they started asking about where we were form, and next thing we know, we're being ushered up on the stage! We left the audience in tears, and they gave us cookies (totes the best part of my day). Then as we made our way back downstairs to the lobby, there was a crowd of people who had been in other parts of the museum and heard us singing, and they asked if we could do it again for them, so of course we did.

What we were really there to do was sing at the State Capital and Arkansas Children's Hospital, which is something the choir does every year. I've only done it once before, and I forgot what a heartbreaking experience it is to be at that hospital. There are children there who haven't gotten to go home in months. Parents who just got told that their child won't make it to Christmas. Babies fighting all kinds of horrible diseases. It's just a sadness that can not be described. And you should see the look of pure joy of their faces when we walked in. Since a lot of the kids were too sick to get out of bed and come down to see us, the hospital crew had a camera rigged up so that our performance was forwarded directly to their rooms. Even though it was so sad, it was also the biggest blessing of the day, because it's a feeling that can't be beat, knowing that you can make those people happy. That they can sit back and listen to us and laugh and sing and smile and for a moment they can think about Christmas and joy, not the horrible situations they are all in. After that, we sang for the Capital and all the State Reps and Senators were there and they all thought our program was adorable, and it was a blast. I just really love going to the Capital, because I've had some of the most amazing times there, at Girls State and choir meetings and stuff. Plus, I like the feeling of walking up the marble steps towards the giant doors that mark the Senate and House and Supreme Court. I can't help but dream about belonging there someday. So yeah, we had a great day.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 307 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments