Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Can we talk? I want guy friends.. too.

Posted January 3rd, 2012 at 07:10 PM by LuckyLuke
Updated January 4th, 2012 at 05:45 AM by LuckyLuke

The life of a straight fashionisto is a glamorous one. No doubt! Filled with beautiful women, exquisite clothing, luxurious foods, and a free tongue to speak my heart and mind with people, at this point, no longer batting an eye. But as time goes by I feel something in my life is missing. It's incomplete. I want something more.

I want guy friends too.

Sure, I've spent the past 18 years or so living my life straight, fabulous, and proud but I've reached a point where it just isn't enough. I want friends who I can talk about girls with. Face to face. Eye to eye. I want friends who I can be "macho" around, without the constant frils and dills of fashionisto life.

Yes, I love it. Yes, having bi-female friends takes the edge off like a nicorette. And yes, I get a first hand view into "girl world", but Dolce & Gabbana you better hold me back if I have to go a whole 'notha year listening to each and every one of my female friends crushes. It's exasperating! I'm tired of it.

It's not them and it's certainly not their fault but lawdee' please- I need guy friends too! Unfortunately, however, the only close male friends I have are either gay or very flamboyant and when trying to initiate a conversation on girls with the flamboyant ones, well, it's a lost cause.

I guess what I want most is the camaraderie that guys share. I've never really had that. I've never really shared a set group of guy friends. But I also want some testosterone in my life. These endless days of high teas and ornate finger sandwiches get tiring.

The life of a straight fashionisto.. AKA walking through an estrogen wasteland and praying that the testosterone lake in the distance isn't a mirage.

P.S. To compliment this post, I'll be wearing an Under Armor hoodie and a pair of Ferragamos tomorrow. Hey, you have to find a balance

P.P.S. college, new life and new possibilities? There's very little I'd changed aside from that found above. 8 months countdown
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1259 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments