Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rate this Entry

The Troubles of a Straight Fashionisto

Posted October 27th, 2011 at 08:24 PM by LuckyLuke
Updated October 27th, 2011 at 08:37 PM by LuckyLuke

It hurts.

I'm a straight man in a limbo between what you could consider the "gay man - straight man world". I love fashion, Starbucks, the Lohans'. I hate sports, violence, and rude people. I care about appearance, I don't care about who won the game on Sunday. I'm attracted to girls but I'm not an animal in sharing it with others.

Why must I fall into line with every other guy out there and wear plain jeans and a sporty tee? Why must I try and hide who I am just to find acceptance? I refuse. I must refuse. I can't lose who I am.

But it hurts.

Walking around school and knowing what everyone's thinking, saying, laughing- and they ARE talking- about you, "When the hell is he coming out of the closet?". It's not their words that hurt but the fact that, despite how many times you tell them and despite whatever efforts you make, they don't believe you.

I'm not gay. And although some may think, "Well, if you're so deadset on letting everyone know you're 'not gay', maybe you are?" No. The reason I'm so angry, frustrated, deadset on making it known is because I WANT A GIRLFRIEND. You can't possibly imagine how hard it is to find a girl when everyone thinks your gay. When I approach girls and begin to flirt with them, they're totally oblivious because they want me to be their GBF (gay best friend).

It's a lonely land, the limbo of a straight fashionisto.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 844 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »