Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rate this Entry

observations;

Posted January 6th, 2010 at 01:25 PM by haibekah

i don't have cable, internet or anything to connect me to the outside world besides a cell phone. i live in a christian household (which is fine with me), and i conciously have been censoring myself from rude media (sex, foul language etc.) because it's pretty much garbage. a few days ago i was watching Inglorious Basterds with my best-friend and if you've seen it, i'm sure you've noticed the very explicit sex scene about half-way through. i was suprised by how much it disturbed me. before, when i was living with my boyfriend, we used to watch a lot of tv and any kind of movie. sex and swearing didn't seem to bother me as much back then. but now, since i've been away from it for so long, it seems to REALLY bother me. i'm reading a book, and i just finished a chapter where the author described a sex scene in GREAT detail. i feel rather dirty, haha. i'm pretty open about sex. i am sexually active, (obviously, considering i have a baby, lmfao). i don't really understand why it bothers me so much now, when it really didn't before.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 634 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Sapphire's Forum Picture
    It bothers you more now than it did before because you have, by consciously avoiding it, given it more importance. That combined with the bad connotations that you have attached to the depiction of these behaviours in the media means that you are going to not only notice it more but also feel worse about it when you are exposed to them.

Of course this is all my own interpretation and I may be wrong.
  2. Old Comment
    haibekah's Forum Picture
    makes sense, haha.