Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

You have entered the Underground, there is no turning back now. Darkness is dragging you in, light is fading out of the picture. Enshrouded in darkness, reading may be hard, but at this point, reading will be the only pleasure at your disposal.
Rate this Entry

Few desires...

Posted July 3rd, 2009 at 09:39 AM by Underground_Network

This was inspired by Sterling's profile picture lol.

In the picture, it says 'I WANT' on a piece of paper... And I'm just wondering, what do I truly want?

I know that one thing I want is to be with her... But then again, I don't know how realistic that is and I don't think I can let that rule my life.

I also know that I want to become a writer... Either a novelist or a poet, or even a songwriter, but I know in the era we're in right now, it's not very easy to establish yourself as a prominent writer, or make a living off of being a writer of any kind, unless you're REALLY damn good.

It seems like everything I want is out of reach, but I just don't know. I don't really want that much, which is why when I first joined here I called myself 'few desires' and that's why that's what I called myself on my MSN, etc...

I honestly have very few desires. I've never wanted much. I've honestly always been inspired by Henry David Thoreau. He described his life at Walden Pond as 'living simply,' and that's honestly how I want to live. I want life to be simple. Not necessarily easy, but simple.

I don't want to complicate things or make life any more hectic than it has to be. I just want life to occur as it shall occur, I don't want to fuck things up by doing something I shouldn't.

Does that mean I don't want to take any risks? Hell no. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to lead the life I want to lead, but it's just that there's not much I necessarily need (or want) to enjoy my life.

All I really want is to be with her and to write... And maybe, to support myself economically, get a job elsewhere as well. Other than that, I have very few desires.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 638 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments