PDA

View Full Version : I am schizophrenic, and this is my story

the_playa
March 14th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Recently i had unusual fears and thaughts so i decided to go to mental hospital. There i said that i fear for my life and also that i have a feeling that someone is after me. I stayed in hospital for some 15 days and they said i have schizophrenia. Since i left hospital i feel completely recovered, i take medications two times a day, also i go to psychoteraphies. But the thing is that i do not completely believe in this medications, i think these psychoterapies are helping me more than medications. Does someone know are these medications life long at schizophrenia or there is chance that my psychiatrist says to me one day that i dont have to take them any more?

Quahog
March 14th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Well, it depends. If your doctor feels the medication he prescribed to you is helping you, he may lower the dosage. In some cases, he might not allow you to take it anymore. But usually, if you have schizophrenia, you will have to take meds in order to control yourself from some of the symptoms that being schizophrenic has. There is nothing wrong with taking medication. You get used to it, and it is only to help you. If you ever have problems with your medication, you should let your doctor know right away. For example, you say that you think the medication helps you at times, you need to inform your doctor about that, he will then make the appropriate choice. I hope this helps you. :)

the_playa
March 14th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Thank you Vibrant, it helps very much!

vampireonion
March 31st, 2011, 02:57 PM
It's up to you, really. Should you assume that therapy is better, go for it. Research different schools of psychology and try out therapists until you find one you like. This is the person you will have to trust your life story with, so make sure you are comfortable. Also, psychologist can prescribe medication, but moth psychologists cannot. If you feel more comfortable with a psychologist, go to one instead.