View Full Version : I knew it

HeroesAndCons
March 13th, 2011, 11:20 PM
And im scared
i have bpd.
its gonna change my life forever

Fiction
March 15th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Have you had an official diagnosis of this? If you have then that can only be a good thing. If you've just got an official diagnosis, then you've got it. All the diagnosis changes is that people know how to treat it now, and things should get better.

HeroesAndCons
March 18th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Yep real diagnosis

I am trying/will controll it Im gonna try my best

Fiction
March 18th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Surly if you've got a diagnosis you're getting professional help for this?

RAWWR
March 20th, 2011, 07:34 AM
It's not gonna change your life forever. Well it might, but in a good way, because you always had it, so you would've just stayed the same, but now you have a diagnosis you can start to get the right help for it. Have you been offerd DBT?

Spook
March 28th, 2011, 09:31 AM
If you do or don't have bipolar disorder, it doesn't mean it's going to change your life forever. Names of illnesses are just labels stamped on people.

kai99
April 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Good luck

MazMazMaz
April 16th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Good luck. This really isn't going to ruin your life, I promise. One of the most brilliant people I have ever known has bipolar disorder - she was diagnosed when she was only thirteen - and she copes with it pretty well. Honestly, with the right counseling and medication, you can still live a great life.

Also, if you try and look at it from a different angle, it's a good thing you've now been diagnosed? Now whenever you have depressions or episodes, you know what's going on and you'll learn ways to combat it and deal with it?

Good luck. You'll do brilliantly.

Syvelocin
April 16th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Good luck. This really isn't going to ruin your life, I promise. One of the most brilliant people I have ever known has bipolar disorder - she was diagnosed when she was only thirteen - and she copes with it pretty well. Honestly, with the right counseling and medication, you can still live a great life.

Also, if you try and look at it from a different angle, it's a good thing you've now been diagnosed? Now whenever you have depressions or episodes, you know what's going on and you'll learn ways to combat it and deal with it?

Good luck. You'll do brilliantly.

I have to add, honestly, it's a sign of intelligence and/or creativity to be diagnosed BPD or bipolar. I don't know anyone personally with BPD, but I have a lot of family and I have two friends with bipolar disorder. One is insanely creative, she's into drawing and cosplay, the other is an amazing musician and one of the smartest people I know. My parents are bipolar as well (what a fun family, huh?), my stepdad's a genius and my mum likes sewing (that counts, right?). I honestly don't know even one bipolar who isn't either or both, intelligent and creative. Not to be egotistical, but I'm quite smart and artistic myself XD

MazMazMaz
April 17th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I have to add, honestly, it's a sign of intelligence and/or creativity to be diagnosed BPD or bipolar. I don't know anyone personally with BPD, but I have a lot of family and I have two friends with bipolar disorder. One is insanely creative, she's into drawing and cosplay, the other is an amazing musician and one of the smartest people I know. My parents are bipolar as well (what a fun family, huh?), my stepdad's a genius and my mum likes sewing (that counts, right?). I honestly don't know even one bipolar who isn't either or both, intelligent and creative. Not to be egotistical, but I'm quite smart and artistic myself XD

Mm, same. This girl I know is a great musician and songwriter, as well as a pretty good actress.

Weeping
April 19th, 2011, 02:13 PM
You should be glad that you got diagnosed! Then they can help you in a better way and stuff! (:

My best friend is bipolar. She really is. Her doctor know that she is. But then Sweden comes and says that you can't be diagnosed as bipolar until you're 18. She just turned 16. And you know what they do instead? They change her diagnosis every other month between other things. Yeah, they're partially true but not right.
= She's freaking out cause she just want her actual diagnose.

Just as Rith says, she's extremely good at drawing/painting too.

And I'm here if you ever need to talk!
:hug:

bperan
April 25th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Your country is correct, you shouldnt even get a diagnosis of Bipolar before 18 just like when I dont believe that crap of Schizo kids. I was diagnosed as soon as I turned 18, I was given meds and I felt even worse, then they gave me homeopatic medicine becuase my doctors felt uncomfortable giving me medication. I'm way better than I was before.

I even went to several doctors in the US, all of them diagnosed me BiPolar and urged to start treatment right away. So heck no, personally I'm laying off the meds for awhile.

No, this wont change your life forever they just label you. Don't tell anybody if that makes you feel more comfortable. The only ones that know that I'm BP are my best friends and my parents the rest dont need to know, that way they wont treat you differently.