PDA

View Full Version : New to Adderall

TwistedWonderland
February 27th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I just got diagnosed with ADD, and the doctor put me on Adderall. Is there anything that I should look for when taking it to see if its working?

Quahog
February 27th, 2011, 02:23 AM
It is just to keep you more focused. It is really to help you when you are in class. Usually young people with ADD have trouble paying attention in class, so Adderall usually helps them with that. I was on Adderall for quite some time. It really helped me. I would have a hard time sitting in class, with ADD, but Adderall was a big help for me.

Just take it everyday. Don't forget. If you have problems, talk to your doctor, so he can lower, or raise the dosage. Hope it works well for you.

TwistedWonderland
February 27th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Thanks I was scared at first because I didn't know how I would react to it.

Doc. Crane .-.
February 27th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Sometimes it makes you less hungry, (i lost like ten pounds the first time i took it.)

Alexithymia
March 1st, 2011, 02:34 PM
Like they said before, focus and less eating. Another thing is that it keeps you insomniac. Occasionally some temporary emotional changes. Adderall is much better than Ritalin, though.

JRwulf64
August 1st, 2011, 11:56 PM
I take it as an after school pill. It really helps me to get my homework/ projects done

Upintheair
August 1st, 2011, 11:58 PM
Yea as they have said, it will really help you relax and focus more!

PandaBear
August 4th, 2011, 10:27 PM
You'll notice a significant improve in your ability to focus? I don't know, there's not much to it, lol. It may make you a bit "zombie" like, but you won't notice yourself in class going "Hmm, math...math... OH HAI A KITTY! Math, math... I WANT CHEESECAKE!" :P And also, as an amphetamine, it will make you feel a lot more alert and awake as well. :)

binsoku6
August 9th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I've been taking adderall for about a year now, and one of the changes I noticed was that I was eating a lot less (I used to be a heavy eater). Also I have a theory that sugar negates its effect (but I'm on 15mg for ADHD, so it maybe different for you). I works wonders on me and I hope it work for you!:)

Cybercode
August 9th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Sorry I'm gonna steal your thread here for a little bit. Lol.

But school starts today and my parents put me on Adderall two days ago an lately I'be having really bad teeth grinding ( I chewed through my headphones), I've barely eaten anything within the past few days. Maybe like a single bite of one thing through out the day. I've been in a very aggravated mood which makes the situation worse cause I'm an Italian-German. Just recently I've been having really horrible headaches, dizziness so bad I could barely read anything in front of me ( typing this is a chore as well) and I've felt like I wanted to puke all day long. this was my 2nd day and I'm feeling horrible. I confronted my parents saying I think I nned to stop but they say I'm acting. What should I do?

Zzach4
October 4th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Just look for signs of improvement in attention and see if it gets Better then before

SipOfAmortentia
January 6th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Sometimes it makes you less hungry, (i lost like ten pounds the first time i took it.)

It makes you lose weight only if it keeps you focused enough not to stress eat. I have been taking Adderall for 9 years. &it helps BIG TIME. When I don't take it, I focus on what I should not be focusing on(which is the stressful things). When I do take it, I focus on what has to be focused on.

Nicotine888
January 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM
ive been taking adderall for a couple months and it did make me eat less and held me focus like the others have said but i noticed that (i take it 2 a day) if i dont take it for a day i cant think at all its like my ADD times 30 lol

Zenithar
January 20th, 2012, 06:02 PM
From my experiences:

The good - you will definitely notice you can pay attention better. From my experiences, as opposed to other medications I took, when I'm on 'full-focus mode,' I'm able to break it at will and actually still be myself and not have that feeling in your brain when you've been focused for too long.

Neutral/bad - A tiny bit of shakiness, faster heartbeat, reduced appetite (whether it's good or bad really depends on your outlook)... and also, anything that annoys you, irritates you, or infuriates you will annoy/irritate/infuriate you more while you're on the pill, depending on the dose.

As far as my experiences go with Adderall, it's more of a "focus, bro" pill than a "stfu, bro" pill.

ImCoolBeans
January 20th, 2012, 11:34 PM
This has been bumped on two separate occasions :locked: