PDA

View Full Version : Cure for bipolar

fishfan
February 14th, 2011, 07:00 PM
my moms so stupid! she cant understand that i cant control when i get happy, sad, depressed, or angry. how do i get her to realize that its not me thats doing it?

Zephyr
February 14th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Have her talk to your general physician or a psychological expert that you may be seeing. It's hard to understand something that can't be seen or controlled easily. Perhaps, if you don't have the means to go to a GP or a professional, find some reading material for her from a reputable source, the American Psychological Association for one.

It's hard when you have a parent that doesn't understand. My mom used to simply say, "What do you want me to do about it?" until she talked to my therapist one day, and read some books that my therapist gave her to look over.

It's pretty hard to get a parent to understand on your own.

Charleigh
February 15th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Im the complete opposite of you, my mum has bi-polar and has for ever since I can remember. I can relate to how your mum might be feeling. Its very confusing when someone goes from 0 to 10 or even from extreamly happy to being very depressed. I know people with bi-polar cant help it, but it took me a long time to accept my mum isnt like other mums and she will always be that way. I found it hard to accept being little, but now it doesnt bother me but anyway back to you... Your mum is probably ignorant to your condition, and doesnt understand it very much. Like Stephanie said, you could go to a doctors or some place, and get them to explain to her what it is, and why you cant help it.
Hope things get better hun. Im here if you ever need to talk.
:hug: