PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Polar doesn't quite fit but it fits better than others

Dunce
February 14th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I have major ups and downs, most of the time the downs last longer than the ups. I have really dramatic ups and downs though, like I'd be depressed for about a month and then very suddenly in the middle of the day I'd feel really happy and elated, but I=it only lasts about a day.
My highs are starting to last longer, but I always get a low afterwards. It's like, if I'm really happy one day I have a severe mood crash the next day. The crash depends on how high I was before.
I know everyone has their good and bad days, but this is really dramatic and out of hand.
I had depression but now I'm thinking it may be Bi-polar.. but they describe the manaic stage as "sped up and irratible, or ecastatic". I don't get irratible or feel like I "can do anything", I just feel at peace and content. But it always gets cancelled out by depression afterwards.
I usually go from feeling very very down for months on end, sometimes suicidal, to happy with no worries and a feeling of joy, back to a lifeless shell.

Syvelocin
February 14th, 2011, 05:05 PM
There are two main types of Bipolar Disorder hun. Bipolar I has that mania you described there. Bipolar II doesn't have the full-on mania. You could still be Bipolar II. Of course, always make sure to talk to a professional about it to get their opinion.