PDA

View Full Version : Obsession

Infidelitas
February 13th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Hi, my first time in here. I have a compulsion that mainly involves cars. but also involves other things.

(1) I have to have the steering wheel facing straight up with the wheels facing exactly forward.

(2) Bent numberplates on cars makes me want to throw them away.

(3) Im scared I'm going to make my engine blow up if i rev it past 4000rpm

(4) If I park it, it has to be exactly paralell to what ever I parked next to

(5) When people park their car and dont make the wheels face forward, it makes me want to scream

plus i always have a fear of stuff falling and breaking

1_21Guns
February 13th, 2011, 09:27 AM
You're most probably just very anal about cars, OCD is far more complex than just being fussy about the way things are done, if these things really do become overly stressful, I think it's possible that you could go and seek a form of councelling which would help reduce it, but I'm not too sure. I personally wouldn't say you have OCD, but as we always say nobody knows unless you go to a doctor/psychiatrist

Infidelitas
February 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Also, i go mad if things arent left the way i left it, i constantly check my email and bank account, eventhough nothings changed. In the mornings for school, i would always leave at 7.18 exactly by the one clock in the loungeroom, if i left a 7.19, id be running down the street so i didnt miss my bus, even though i was leaving 15 minutes early. if i left at 7.17, id feel like ive wasted time. if the power went out or if someone changed that clock, it would throw me out of whack

1_21Guns
February 13th, 2011, 04:47 PM
like I said, none of us can really tell you if it is or not, the only real way to find out is through a doctor, but until its a severe nuciance to your life, it's unlikely they'll do much for you

Infidelitas
February 14th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Im not saying these mean anything, but i did a heap of those quizes, and each and everone of them said its likely i have ocd :/ Also I hoard paper. Things must be exactly where i left it, or ill worry. I always have to double check details with people many time and i was at the supermarket this morning, and i was walking around straightening stuff on the shelves. im obsessed about detail. anywhere i go, i must examine everything in my surroundings, also i pick faults with everything and worry about it. i put a recording on tonight for top gear, and i had to make sure it was recorded properly. i check 2-3 times that the windows are up in my car when its raining. when putting petrol in my car, i have to put an even amount in, whether its full or not. its all driving me nuts -- which in turn gives me anxiety -- and that means it takes ages to get to sleep