View Full Version : Its official i have Bipolar 2

February 9th, 2011, 03:01 AM
And my therapist says i might have had it for years and none knew. I just figured it out a few days ago from my therapist and my new psychologist. If anyone has this can you tell me how you deal with it in ANY way? Do you keep things hidden, or express through journalism, or cut, or email a close friend? I do all, but this info is new and im just mad about it :(

February 9th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Lots of people have bi-polar. I don't have it myself, but I've known friends who have had it. If you take meds for bi-polar, remember to take them.

Writing down things in a journal, is a good way to deal with bi-polar. But cutting isn't. I really hope that you are thinking about quitting. I can help you with that.

Nothing to be angry about. Lots of people have it, and if you need help going through it, don't be afraid to talk about it.

February 9th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Bipolar disorder is never diagnosed in really young patients, mainly because it's difficult to tell. Some people diagnose young, but I don't quite agree with it. I was never diagnosed as a kid, though my behaviour was generally very similar. But it's hard to tell between just a tantrum-prone kid and a bipolar kid.

I'm bipolar I, same thing, though I'm a bit more manic.

The most important thing is medication. In my opinion, it seems like bipolar disorder just gets worse as it goes untreated. My mum's bipolar as well, and it's the scariest thing when she forgets her meds. I'm going at it without any meds at all though.

I've fallen victim to self-harm, and my recovery from that always seems to depend on when I'm upset due to my bipolar outbursts. Self-harm, though a valid coping mechanism, is not the best choice to make.

The main thing I've been doing is being on VT. Reading posts, and even posting myself, or contacting someone to talk. VT does wonders for me.

February 10th, 2011, 01:40 AM
It's likely I've had it all my life, I didn't get diagnosed until I was 15ish though.

I used to cope with cutting, but let me tell you now, try to not start it if you haven't already. My arms look like I had a bad case of road rash, and I've lost too much blood a couple times and passed out. That's all behind me now, and it makes me cringe thinking about it.

I'm a rapid cycler, and I can get pretty extreme at both ends if I don't take my medication. I can't stress enough the importance of being properly medicated. You hate it at first, but once you get the right dosage/combination, it makes things so much easier. It's possible to go without meds, but it can be very hard for some people.

Here are some of the healthy ways in which I've coped:

~ VT, obviously. If someone extends their hand to you, don't be afraid to take advantage of it. I made some wonderful friends on here in the past who have gotten me through some rough nights.

~ Driving. Some nights I'll just jump in the car, turn the techno music up and drive to one of the state borders for the hell of it, it's a great distraction. This works well for me as long as I'm not overly manic.

~ Writing. Just anything, whether it's creative or just thoughts, so you can read them and realize how invalid they may be. Works well for both ends.

~ Crying. YES, crying :P

~ Gaming

You'll find your own coping mechanisms as you go along that work best for you. The best, I think, is to find a hobby of some sort, if you're enjoying something that you're doing, it helps to focus.

February 11th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Ive been cutting for around 2 years, its not new. Im diff gonna continue writing and i cant go out very often bcs i have agoraphobia even if it is just driving. Thanks for ur advice, it heped

she said i might have had it for a long time, but she says i do have it now, present wise

Please do not double post - Syvelocin

March 26th, 2011, 12:34 AM
I have bipolar 2 as well. I had to be hositalized twice for suicidal gestures, its tough. Writing helps, I do that a lot, especially when im feeling really depressed or when im in a hypomanic state. writing helps, do it...and I cut to...dont do it! It makes everything worse...honestly, from a person who knows how your feeling, find a friend or friends you can trust and talk to them. Tell them how your feeling, get your thoughts and emotions out, it helps a ton. And dont let your emotions get out of control! Tell someone, anyone! Tell your family, let them know your how your feeling and to keep an eye on you. You dont want to end up in the hospital and on a 72 hour hold man. And you'll probably need meds man, you cant beat this on your own. Talk talk talk! seeing a therapist helps too. Just do something to get your emotions out in a healthy and positive way that benefits you! Bipolar 2 can be a helpful thing if you learn to control it :) message me anytime if you need help! I know how you feel