PDA

View Full Version : I think i have ocd

HeroesAndCons
January 31st, 2011, 07:05 PM
Ok i normally dont post here but i think i may have ocd
why
I always check numerous times if i closed the Refrigerator door or shut off the faucet untill i am pleased
i cant stand the sound of crying it kinda drives me nuts and want to scream (or hurt) the person but when i do it its fine
i think of past things and i dwelt and (end up hurting myself) over the dumb things i did
i am stuck and i think of one word and sometimes i repeat it until im pleased on the way i said it

do i have ocd

scuba steve
January 31st, 2011, 07:22 PM
I've no real experience with the state, but it sounds like normal activity, the fridge thing possibly but i'm sure i've done that a few times myself to make sure it's closed.

The second is nothing to do with OCD as far as I know. You just don't like people crying, I hate it too

The 3rd is just like everyone else: reflecting on stupid things we've done and cringed about them

Don't quite get what you mean by number 4, as in you would forget a word and then if you remembered it just keep repeating it to yourself?

Quahog
January 31st, 2011, 07:24 PM
Well, we all have times in our life where we do things which are similar to people who have ocd. Doesn't really mean we have it. But from what you told me, you might have it

If you still feel unsure that you do have it, I would talk to a counselor, as he/she will be able to let you know if you have it.

scuba steve
January 31st, 2011, 07:28 PM
Well, we all have times in our life where we do things which are similar to people who have ocd. Doesn't really mean we have it. But from what you told me, you might have it

If you still feel unsure that you do have it, I would talk to a counselor, as he/she will be able to let you know if you have it.

I don't understand why people go to all the trouble to get a councellor when they are just simple speculations that are more than likely nothing, In Ireland that's what they call a whiner... Just saying.

georgiamay
February 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM
I don't understand why people go to all the trouble to get a councellor when they are just simple speculations that are more than likely nothing, In Ireland that's what they call a whiner... Just saying.

Because only professionals can give an actual diagnosis and say whether you definately do or do not have something. And because if it is OCD, there's treatment and medication that can make it easier to cope.

Personally, I don't think this is OCD, it's more like you just don't like certain things. I check things quite a lot, hate the sound of pencil on paper (so I only use pens), and tend to dwell on the past too much, and I don't have OCD. So I wouldn't worry about it, it's most likely nothing.

Fiction
February 1st, 2011, 01:38 PM
None of these things are symptoms of OCD.

I'm the same with switching my straighteners off as you are with the refrigirator and all the others are pretty normal.

scuba steve
February 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM
Because only professionals can give an actual diagnosis and say whether you definately do or do not have something. And because if it is OCD, there's treatment and medication that can make it easier to cope.

Yes, very true. But unless these "symptoms" are effecting the individuals everyday life which in this case they're not they are mere speculations then why waste your time/money or if your in the UK the peoples money.

Ambrosia
February 1st, 2011, 04:18 PM
Yes, very true. But unless these "symptoms" are effecting the individuals everyday life which in this case they're not they are mere speculations then why waste your time/money or if your in the UK the peoples money.

That's a very true point. But OCD is something in a tight-knit symptom basis and even though we can all write down every symptom known to man for it NONE OF US can actually tell her whether or not she has OCD. We can only tell her that it is ninety something percent probable that it's not and she is just like a lot of people here under those lines: A worry wart.

whofan
May 7th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Ok i normally dont post here but i think i may have ocd
why
I always check numerous times if i closed the Refrigerator door or shut off the faucet untill i am pleased
i cant stand the sound of crying it kinda drives me nuts and want to scream (or hurt) the person but when i do it its fine
i think of past things and i dwelt and (end up hurting myself) over the dumb things i did
i am stuck and i think of one word and sometimes i repeat it until im pleased on the way i said it

do i have ocd

ocd is hard to diagnose sometimes. I think you could. I do/don't I have asbeerger's according to some doctors and ocd/anxiety disorder to others

Syvelocin
May 7th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Please do not bump old threads :locked: