PDA

View Full Version : Am i Bi-Polar?

EvilDeathMist
January 28th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Am i Bi-Polar if one minute im like calm and friendly and then the next out of no wher i start hitting people for no reason?

Syvelocin
January 28th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Quick mood swings I associate more with Borderline Personality Disorder than bipolar. Bipolar usually has "periods" of mania and depression. Most people who are bipolar aren't that quick with the mood swings. I would look into Borderline symptoms and see if it reflects you a bit more.

Kitty
January 30th, 2011, 01:26 PM
yeah sounds like border line personality.
Bi-polar's more sustained it's the intensity on the mood that makes it bipolar.

RAWWR
January 30th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Boderline personality disorder doesn't actually have many quick mood swings, our emotions tend to go up much faster than other peoples, and we feel them with much higher intensity, but they stay up a lot longer, and go down slower.

Syvelocin
January 30th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I don't know because I'm not borderline, but all the descriptions I've seen point to borderline being mood swings and bipolar just being a series of ups and downs. Like, my last depression spell was a month. And I have manic weeks. I'm quick to have outbursts and I've very sensitive, emotional, but I don't get mood swings.

Bipolar can be at an incredible intensity as well. I've almost killed myself over the smallest of things. I overreact to everything :/

RAWWR
January 30th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Same here, it sucks, but I do have boderline. I would say that isn't bipolar, or boderline. But at the end of the day we can't diagnose you, the best thing is to see your doctor

aaron4455
February 4th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Quick mood swings I associate more with Borderline Personality Disorder than bipolar. Bipolar usually has "periods" of mania and depression. Most people who are bipolar aren't that quick with the mood swings. I would look into Borderline symptoms and see if it reflects you a bit more.

how u just explaind bipolar is how i am alot of the times