PDA

View Full Version : How do I tell if I have ADD?

Eagle63
January 20th, 2011, 08:26 PM
So yeah. When I'm doing stuff with my friends, it's a blur. But in school, it feels like each class is 5x as long as it really is, and I'm always zoning. I always find a way (accidentally) to forget chores or tasks and I'm the #1 subject-changer at my lunch table. So a lot of my friends tell me, "Dude you've got ADD." I either want to silence them or admit it. How can I know whether or not I do without having my parents test me and send me to like a concentration class?

Modus Operandi
January 24th, 2011, 10:33 PM
You go to a professional and get a diagnosis. And I've never heard of a 'concentration class', I don't think those exist. To be honest, I think you're being paranoid. ADD is an term that is over (and improperly, in a clinical context) used.

Etzim
January 25th, 2011, 12:16 AM
There is nothing wrong with ADD. And the concentration class i believe your talking about is a special education class known as special ed class. All it is, is a class with individual help for your needs. There is nothing wrong with it at all. As i been in a few of them myself. And of the sounds of it you might have ADD. But the only way to find out is by talking to a doctor, and they will test you to find out.

austin callahan
January 25th, 2011, 12:30 AM
haha if ur always hyper and twitchy and running around like meeeeeeeeeeee

Quahog
January 25th, 2011, 06:22 PM
You need to speak with a psychologist. He/She will then diagnose you.

Charleigh
January 29th, 2011, 12:10 PM
You get checked by your doctor/GP
Worst thing to do is diagnose yourself.

heykay
February 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
It could be, but you should most likely talk about it with your parents and then ask to see a professional. Good luck!