PDA

View Full Version : Induced Schizophrenia?

queenofthehighway
January 17th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Lately I have been worrying myself that I might have schizophrenia. It has not been as bad lately, but the idea that it could be real still scares me.
I have always been kind of introverted, but social all the same. I've had a strong sense of myself, and what I think is right and wrong, and how I looked at the world, and had no problem making friends. In the past year all my beliefs and perceptions have been thrown completely upside down. Last March I lost both my Grandparents who I was close to. Shortly after I had a falling out with my closest friend. In June, all my friends who were seniors graduated and moved to college. My one really close friend moved to Kentucky in August, and although we've kept in touch some, we're not nearly as close as we were. Needless to say, I felt alone, and still do. In September, I dropped acid with a friend of mine. I've done it before, but this trip lasted too long, and all the wrong doors were opened, and I had a terrible come down. I felt disconnected and really low for a few days afterwards, but felt back to normal soon. But then about a month and a half ago the feeling I had when I was coming down completely consumed me. I felt separate from the world and from myself. I couldn't find anyway to connect with people and everything felt unreal, like a dream. I cannot put into words the feeling of isolation and hopelessness I felt, even when I was surrounded by people.
Right now, things are better, but I still feel disconnected, unsure of myself, and sometimes I have a hard time getting a grip on reality. Social situations are also tougher.
Is this the early stage of schizophrenia, or am I just going through a really rough phase? I am afraid to ask anyone out of fear that they'll judge me, and I'll end up even more confused then I already am.

Sith Lord 13
January 20th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Honestly, you need to seek professional help. No one here will be able to tell the difference between the two possibilities, only a doctor could. With any mental disorder it's important to get out in front of it, so if you are catching it early, that's great. A mental health professional will be able to tell you which it is and how best to move forward from there.