PDA

View Full Version : Upset too easily

Syvelocin
January 9th, 2011, 12:45 AM
The main thing I'm noticing is that I'm increasingly getting more upset over smaller and smaller things. To the point where just a bit of criticism will hit me squarely. The exact thing happened today, and even though it was a small bit of criticism I instantly took it badly and my thoughts went straight to self-harm. Fortunately, I was with my friend who knows how to calm me down.

My new thing is using music to get me out of that mood, before my outburst and angst. I just fear not being able to do that, or having something come up that upsets me more than ever and not being able to calm myself down, and end up greatly overreacting. My head is often not clear. I've thought of killing myself over very minor arguements even.

My question is, is there any sure way to direct how you perceive it, how you feel about it, and how you react to it, then ways to clear the head if needed. Other than CBT I mean :P

Zephyr
January 9th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Other than CBT? That's a toughy :P
Usually I'll wait until my head is clear,
Than think it over logically.

Go for a walk.
Drive.
Pet the cat.
Cry.
Play with the dog.
Dance around like an idiot.

But that's just me, lol

Skeptical Bear
January 9th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Punch something that you can't break or grasp something hardly. I used to be somewhat like this and I'd just punch the shit of my wall, but I no longer have this problem. It just disappeared.

SuperSuraj
January 9th, 2011, 05:19 AM
I had this problem when i was younger, it was right around the time when my parents divorced so im guessing thats what triggered it. I think i felt i wasnt in control at home so when i got to school and someone tried to tell me what to do i flipped. Normally what i would do after i flipped was i would sit by myself someone and just think, about what i did, about why i got mad for no reason, about what i could do differently next time, and in the end i would always end up apologixing for acting so stupidly. I think just thinking by yourself for a little bit is the best way to go. Music is a good release too so what you are doing right now is good in my opinion. Think and see if something in your life right now is causing you stress, that might be the reason like it was for me, because if it is then it will most likely just pass. Right now (some 7 years later, although it only took me a little over a year to stop flipping out) im probably one of the most chilled and laid back people you will meet.

I hope this helped :)

Stay
January 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hello Syvelocin,

I'm extremely just like this. Everything gets to me and when it does, it REALLY gets to me. I'm on some medication though, I know that is the problem for me. Anyway, go for a walk, listen to some music. Do you smoke? Go out for a smoke. Right now I result to Video Games as an escape from things. It gets my mind off everything and focused on the game, but I'm deeply competitive when it comes to my video games. ;3

Hope this helps,
~Stay