PDA

View Full Version : ADHD only

patrick99
January 7th, 2011, 04:59 PM
ok so i have adhd and ive been doing terible in school does any body that has adhd and doing great like A+ A+ A+ A+ in school only people with ADHD/ADD:what:

Alexithymia
January 7th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I have ADHD, haven't taken my meds in a while, and I'm doing pretty well in school. It's homework that kills me. >.< Anyway, just try 110%, and your teachers can't yell at you.

patrick99
January 9th, 2011, 03:18 PM
what kind of meds do you take if its okay to ask

Stay
January 9th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hello Patrick,

People with ADD/ADHD tend to do worse in school than people with out it. At least that's how my friends and even myself was. Studys show that people with ADD/ADHD and are on medicine are doing better than most people who don't have either of the two conditions.

Hope this answers your question,
~Stay

Alexithymia
January 11th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Methylphenidate... More commonly known as Ritalin.

Charleigh
January 12th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I got ADHD pretty bad.
I have to take my medication but the past 2 week's I havent.
Didnt go so well lol.
Keep it up hun (:
:hug:

randy.boii
January 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
i am ona meds called concerta it works wonders ask pares if u can get it

Bobthebeast666
January 22nd, 2011, 12:50 AM
I take like three pills and still can't focus, I shouldn't have switched from concerta

Etzim
January 28th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I went off medds and it was the best thing i ever did in my life. Im a 3.8gpa student Thats all A's. You just got to work for it, set some goals it helps a lot. even some praying will help =D

patrick99
February 26th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks Sean that really inspiring.

lengthy_brochure
February 26th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I have moderate ADD. I've been on all sorts of different medications, but they all made me feel wonky or like I wasn't myself so I haven't been on anything in over a year.

Mainly, self-discipline works for me. Also, figure out what distracts you and how to avoid or get around it.

Currently I'm in all honors classes, and first semester I had a 4.075 GPA and my class rank was 5th out of 370.

carpediem
February 27th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I have straight As and ADHD and I don't take adderall, even though I have a prescription for it. I just force myself to focus on tests even if I don't do enough of the homework to always keep my grade up.

Dimitri
April 6th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I have severe ADHD and I take 72mg of concerta. I have straight A's and I have been taking the concerta for about ten years now.

Byron69
April 22nd, 2011, 01:29 AM
I like to chase butterflies and find shiny things

Nevermore
April 26th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I've always done lowsey in school. I try my best. When I was medicated I did better. I'd say get tested once your tested inform the school for extra time, and maybe see a councler for tips and tricks to help with it.

ThisIsGay
April 28th, 2011, 01:38 PM
i have bad ADHD but i don't take meds for it, and i'm a Straight A student that's academically gifted. just sayingggg.

Zzach4
October 4th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Patrick we all have special ability with our disorders like me I have ADHD and I am super intelligent an creative so if u have ADHD it doesnt have to do with school unless ur not paying attention bit one day you will find something you are extremely good at:D

Donkey
October 11th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Please don't bump old threads. :locked: