PDA

View Full Version : Clutter, Panic-Attacks, OCD?

Ambrosia
January 1st, 2011, 02:01 AM
Around mid-summer I began to have panic-attacks. My fathers side of the family seems to be known for these (Great -_-). My older sister has them, my aunt, and even the sister whom I have never met (She is in her thirties. Long story) and my father. Around this time I began to realize I was unable to enter my bedroom except to sleep because of the "mess" that seemed to clutter itself on the floor. When I would enter the room it would cause me to freak out, and at some point I ended up actually breaking down crying in the middle of my floor because I felt like my room was swallowing me. I have had nightmares like this, that I was being swallowed by an overabundance of items, but never had I actually had the dreams play out in real life until this time. I have since found myself unable to be in an area that was even barely cluttered without feeling stressed by it, a bit scared, getting very angry, or/and needing to clean it (in a fit of anger).
I have always been a bit of what I call superstitious but what some are starting to tell me could actually be OCD. I own a necklace in which I can only wear if the rope end is facing up in fear that it will cause horrible things to happen. Around the time I started having panic-attacks and being unable to stand in clutter I began to be unable to use any body wash but the one I now use for fear it would cause horrible things to happen. There are countless things I CAN NOT DO because I believe they will cause tragedy some how. Even numbers scare me because I fear they will cause problems, leaving me to use odd numbers when the choice is mine. As long as the last digit in the number is odd I'm good. And I sleep walk...Which is something that should have stopped when I was a pre-teen (as most doctors will tell you) but has continued well from my single-digit childhood days well into my late teenage years.

But the point is, this disrupts my life. I'm not even sure if it is worth mentioning though. I'm posting this in OCD because the main thing does point to OCD. I'm not even sure what to do. No one really listens. They laugh it off or call it hormones...

Advice?

Fiction
January 1st, 2011, 09:43 AM
I am similar to you in my annoyance with clutter and I wouldn't say that that is an OCD symptom.
The information in this thread may help.
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91394

The numbers is a common symptom of OCD. You should probably go and see a doctor about this.

Ambrosia
January 1st, 2011, 04:39 PM
Ah. Thanks. I told my mother about the OCD part this morning only I didn't use the term "OCD". She never used the term either and told me we can work on it and if we can't fix it someone else can. I know exactly what she was referring to and it made me even more embaressed but I feel a bit better now...One thing at a time I suppose.

Fiction
January 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah, Good luck :)

Hdhagsggdui
February 26th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I try using a method a very smart person created.

First try to do something I call "releasing". To do this I start out thinking deeply, then start some gentle deep breathing. Once you feel calm try to imagine all of you negative feelings and emotions flowing out every time you breathe.

Try to do this every time that you feel the need to. Peaceful flute music may help.

Infidelitas
February 27th, 2011, 01:23 AM
The odd number is what i always do, i cant stand them. When I leave VT for the session, I always have to make sure my post count is an even number, if it isnt, i have to find a post to comment on so it doesnt drive me mad