PDA

View Full Version : Adhd

PoseidonX43
November 18th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Edited

Ender
November 18th, 2010, 09:40 PM
so one of my guy friends has really bad ADHD and does not take any meds for it and (i have feelings for him) but its like when i try talking with him in class about anything he just out of the blue changes the subject on me and when does let me talk it seems like he isent listiening(its like hes ignoreing me) but i know he cant help it, wat can i do.

:) if it needs to be moved thats fine :)

What makes you so sure it's his ADHD and not just him trying to actually change the subject or whatever?

Suggest he take his meds, if he doesnt that's his choice, and there isnt much you can do.

PoseidonX43
November 18th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Edited

Peace God
November 19th, 2010, 12:57 AM
I had ADD/ADHD...well actually ii probably still have it (but i dont give a fuck anymore).

Medication doesnt always solve everything. ADD/ADHD medication can have serious psychological, cognitive and social effects and I honestly believe that doctors overdiagnose ADHD so that pharmaceutical companies can profit.

If you think he's hyper and easily distracted then it doesnt automatically mean he needs medication but if you think that he cant function well without meds and he seriously needs it then maybe you should suggest it to him or his parents.

This just is my opinion from my personal experience...if some is knowledgeable and experienced in medication, feel free to correct anything ive said. However, getting off of ADD medicine was one of the best desicions ive ever made.

Antebellum
November 19th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Do you know for sure ADD is the reason he can't have straight conversations with you?

Unless he flat out tells you, "I have a disorder," and so on.

If he doesn't want to take medication for what he has, that's his choice, and it's up to you whether or not you want to stay friends with him.

Jonathan Janzen
December 6th, 2010, 08:43 AM
He may not take meds because they just make him worse. For me (when I took meds awhile back) around 6 P.M. or so, I would get really really moody, and it would last about an hour or so, then I would just be exausted all night long and wake up feeling really groggy the next day. This might be why he's not taking meds, or it might be another reason. You should ask him.

wiip
December 7th, 2010, 05:08 PM
ADHD is the most malprescribed mental 'illness' in the world. Simple intelligence is often mistaken for ADHD as the child will not want to stay doing the seemingly simple tasks they are expected to do; they wish to zoom on ahead. Also mistaken is youthful energy: how do you expect a young kid at the peak of his physical life to sit still and silent in a dull classroom? But many teachers don't remember the energy of youth and think 'something's wrong with that one'. If you colour the american states by how much they prescribe ADHD, the west coast is fine, calm and relaxed, but as you move east,it gets darker (more prescribed), and by the time you get to Michegan, the kids are all full of ritalin! This; the drug almost chemically identical to cocaine! Its hideous malpractice.

That was a bit off topic, in a way, in that it didn't answer your question. needed a rant! yeah, I have a friend with ADHD too, not too severe as he usually takes his medication, but he'll rebel against it, pretending to have forgotten, but obviously proud of it in his hype. It's hard to keep up, and sometimes feels like it's not worth it, but try and tell him that he's going a bit over the top, and you'd like it if he tried to slow down to your level (be hard on yourself, make it sound like he's better than you and you can't keep up rather than he's dashing away irresponsibly), and this should help. Persevere, and nag at him to take his pills. Good luck!