PDA

View Full Version : why don't i notice

Teardrop Harmony
November 17th, 2010, 03:33 PM
today i got told i was hyper by a teacher at college. i looked up and said they were wrong. and after the lesson my friend told me that i had been acting hyper for a few days now. it wasn't til i thought bout it properlyish i realised they were right. why don't i notcie it! it is so frustrating! i never notice my mood changes and i need to have people tell me. does this happen to any of you. n yes i hv bipolar.

Syvelocin
November 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM
When I really have a bout of mania, I can notice easily, but usually when it's just a bit of hyperactivity or when I'm speaking too fast/incomprehensibly, I won't notice until someone tells me :P I'm sure it's quite normal.

cbanc
November 17th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I sometimes have the same thing like I kind of won't even realize how I'm acting and then kind of later be like why was I so hyper?? most of the time though I realize because I normally have low energy and when I get a bout of mania I am usually off the walls (sometimes literally)

Zephyr
November 19th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Do I notice? Sometimes.
Do I usually care? No.

My friends and coworkers are pretty good about helping me stay in check when I can't handle myself. Generally when I'm manic, I feel the need to be on the go and do something 'spectacular' to one-up my previous score. My friend Tim is especially good with me when I'm manic because he's always up for the ride, but can stop me if I'm going too far.