PDA

View Full Version : One or the other.

SilentlyScreaming
October 21st, 2010, 07:51 PM
I have been wondering if I'm bipolar for about a year now.I have no happy medium. I'm either really happy,really mad,really depressed and sometimes I'm just not all there. The depressions suck, just lately one of my friends insulted me and I felt so horrible I wanted to kill myself. It lasted all day,the next day and the morning. Today I was ok then suddenly BAM! Out of nowhere I got really mad. I was absolutely infuriated for no reason. I did my homework went out to feed the horses and suddenly I'm so happy im singing and dancing and laughing. Half way through feeding I got infuriated again to the point of where I could almost not do anything. Any ideas ?

Zephyr
October 21st, 2010, 09:21 PM
Bipolar Disorder doesn't quite work like that. There are cycles, yes, but it's not a day to day, hour by hour thing like what you describe is going on. People with Bipolar disorder do cycle, but cycles do not happen like that. Cycles take weeks, months or even longer. Of course, there is rapid cycling, which is 4 or more cycles in a year. I'm a rapid cycler myself, and I can tell you that what you're describing just sounds like being an average teenager to me. Hormones can make any teen feel like they have a psychiatric problem, but it's most likely not the case. Bipolar is the most misdiagnosed psychiatric condition because it's easy to mix up with perfectly regular hormonal imbalances that occur over your life, such as puberty, pregnancy or menopause.

Nobody here is a professional, at most either have the condition or have studied the condition a bit in school, so we can't give you a proper judgement, just an opinion. If you're still uncertain, then by all means take your concern up with your parents and get checked out by your general physician or a professional psychiatrist.

Cheers ;)

SilentlyScreaming
October 22nd, 2010, 07:24 AM