PDA

View Full Version : Hallucinations and Paranoia

LiTTleBrok3nDolly
October 17th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I have those two severely i just dont have delusions-i guess its called being particular and certain in what you believe and dont believe-that others cant change your mind either have no affect on you or total affect.

My question is can someone be diagnosed with Schizophrenia if they only have those two and not delusions???? I know i should only be asking my therapist and psychiatrist but im just wondering, because im already diagnosed with BPD.

Its just bugging me, i dont feel right asking my therapist "Do i have BPD? And Schizophrenia? And Bla bla bla bla bla?" I dont wanna sounds like im bored and being obsessed with his cause im not im just trying to find out whats wrong with my brain.

Is it if you have enough symptoms to be diagnosed with it? Or how severe it is? I asked my therapist and she said depends, so i could have only paranoia so badly i dont go outside my room all day and pee in a cup? Or i could have paranoia delusions and hallucinations and it can be not so bad? Does that make it equal? Or should i ask my therapist? Im confused:confused::confused:

Maybe i should write a list down of what im feeling and show it to my therapist and write down the stuff ive been researching. Or just reading.

Zephyr
October 22nd, 2010, 02:08 AM
There are different types of schizophrenia, and not all types require delusions or hallucinations. I'm guessing you're under 18 though, and professionals tend to abstain from diagnosing underage people with schizophrenia since the general onset is early twenties. A lot of psychiatric disorders have overlapping symptoms, so it's never a good idea to be online and looking up symptoms, it just makes you even more paranoid that you have something that you may not have at all.

It's wisest just to write down what's been going on with you and how severe it is, give it to your therapist and go from there. It's best left for a professional to look at if you have a genuine concern. It's evenbetter to not even look at what's wrong with you in terms of a diagnosis, but rather just what is abnormal, and what can be done to fix it. The more and more we try to label things, the harder it is to get proper treatment since we'd end up treating a diagnosis instead of what really is there.

LiTTleBrok3nDolly
October 22nd, 2010, 03:04 AM
thank you! that really helped. Ill try and not be too obsessed with it anymore