PDA

View Full Version : borderline bipolar

Asylum
September 21st, 2010, 08:09 AM
what is the difference between borderline bipolar and bipolar disorder? I ask because my psycologist, and psychiatrist think i have one or the other..

Zephyr
September 22nd, 2010, 12:22 AM
Borderline bipolar isn't a proper diagnosis, I'm very sure. I've never come across or heard of it in any of the classes that I've taken. Are you thinking of Borderline Personality Disorder?

INFERNO
September 22nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
There is no such diagnosis as "borderline bipolar". Some may use it to shorten saying borderline personality disorder and bipolar disorder but there is no official diagnosis in the ICD-10 nor DSM-IV-TR of borderline bipolar. It may simply mean the doctors suspect you may have bipolar disorder but aren't sure because you don't meet the necessary criteria or suspect the symptoms may be better accounted for by something else. This may apply to bipolar disorder, not sure but it does apply to schizophrenic disorders, whereby there's a prodromal phase and when the patient is in this, doctors are hesitant to slap on the diagnosis.

Asylum
September 22nd, 2010, 10:13 AM
Perhaps i miss heard then. she probably said it was either Boderline personality disorder, or bipolar disorder or something like that. but anyone know what borderline personaltiy disorder means?

Nobody
October 10th, 2010, 11:05 PM
If you suffer from borderline personality disorder you're emotinally instable, your mood changes a lot and rapidly, you think about yourself as worthless or evil, might have suicidal thoughts/attempts or self harm, you're easy to get angry, tend to lose control, have love-hate relationships, you're afraid of loneliness... and see things in black and white... I think that's pretty much what BPD is about...

georgiamay
December 7th, 2010, 01:12 PM
please don't bump old threads. Check the dates of the previous threads before posting.
:locked: