PDA

View Full Version : My friend hears voices but claims they're real

Dan_UK
September 14th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Edited out

yeahitsbrandon
September 14th, 2010, 10:38 PM
hmm is has she been diagnosed with schizophrenia or are you just doing an evaluation?

DarkHorses
September 14th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend. I know it must be tough for her, and for you to know that she's going through something like that. As a friend there's not a whole lot you can do other than simply be there for her and let her know that you care about her. You could also try to persuade her to talk to a professional about all of this. Telling her that this voice isn't real might not be the best approach. You could possibly tell her that you're worried that the voice is going to hurt her or take control of her again, and for that reason you think she may want to seek professional help. Telling her it's not real will probably just make her feel more confused and less willing to talk to someone, but if you get her to seek professional help in some other way then you could definitely be helping her.

Sith Lord 13
September 15th, 2010, 01:09 AM
It could be any of a couple of possibilities. Schizophrenia is just one possibility. She really needs to get evaluated by a mental health professional.

ShatteredWings
September 15th, 2010, 03:13 PM
voices =/= skitzo. there are so many more symptoms for that.

tbh i heard voices for the better part of a year, it's slowed down a LOT and only happens if i'm already loosing it.

you said she feels its real, does she realize what's going on after the fact? that would act in her favor at being able to understand whats going on.

not alot you can do to help.
i mean, be there for her. help her, let her talk, and for gods sake don't use "their not real get over it" because you CAN'T just get over something that feels that real.

Dan_UK
September 16th, 2010, 06:50 PM
edited out

ShatteredWings
September 16th, 2010, 07:03 PM
its ok if you lookin for a way to help her.

a good psych would believe her, but your right a lot would go about it the worng way since its (supposedly?) less than common.

rukia_yua
October 7th, 2010, 02:37 PM
so what exactly are you supposed to do if YOU are hearing these voices (hypothetically speaking)

Dan_UK
October 17th, 2010, 06:21 PM
edited out