PDA

View Full Version : Could I just be misdiagnosed?

Syvelocin
September 13th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I've been thinking a lot lately, that maybe I might not have all the mental disorder's that I've been diagnosed with, but instead just Schizophrenic. I'm diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder (and I do have the halllucinations and delusions too), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, and DID. I know I'll have to talk to my therapist about it, of course, I'm just looking for another opinion.

I'm looking at the symptoms of my mental disorders, without the labels, and comparing it to symptoms of Schizophrenia, particularly Paranoid Schizophrenia. They overlap about 90% of the time.

Sapphire
September 14th, 2010, 10:35 AM
I would definitely speak with your psychiatrist about this. They are not infallible and if you feel that some of your diagnoses aren't accurate then you should share that with them.
It may come out that one or more were applicable in the past and aren't any more or that they simply made an error in diagnosing you.

Tbh, I am always wary when it comes to diagnoses. I've seen professionals twisting, exaggerating and fabricating things to fit a certain diagnosis. I've spoken to people who have been given two or three separate diagnoses for the same three symptoms.

A diagnosis should fit your experiences and if yours don't, question them.