PDA

View Full Version : Do I have ADHD?

Javiar
August 24th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Ever since I was little I have been very shy, but when I am with close friends or my family I never stop talking. My family and friend say I am annoying because I talk about random things, but for some reason I cannot stop being annoying! Agh, it is kind of confusing I guess. I just keep talking even if they do not want to talk. I struggle to stop myself from talking. In school I sometimes have trouble staying on task, but I almost never talk to anyone at school. So does it seem I have some kind of ADHD? ...even my typing has useless information!

Scarface
August 24th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Well I can't diagnose someone over the internet, but maybe you should talk to your parents about going to a doctor to be evaluated for it. They will be the best bet to give you the answer you would like. However, I have ADHD which is Attention Deficit Hyper Activity. Which means it's extremely hard for me to sit still. Sometimes I have a hard time comprehending when I'm reading a book, I'll end up reading the same sentence more than once. It's just hard for me to stay focused sometimes. Maybe you're just really comfortable with the people in your family. Some people are really talkative with the people they like, but when it comes to strangers they don't talk.

Though I think your best bet would be to consult a doctor, ask your parents, I'm sure they wouldn't be upset. It's better to find out. I hope everything works out for you.

Javiar
August 26th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Thanks, I will! :)

CoreyOx
October 27th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I have ADHD myself. So I know most of the symptoms. Yes a short attention span is one. The talking could be due to the H part of ADHD (hyperactivity) Maybe you don't talk as much in school as you do at home is because you're trying to concerntrate. I don't know. But consult a doctor if I were you :)

georgiamay
October 28th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Please don't bump old threads. Check the dates of the previous replies before posting.
:locked: