PDA

View Full Version : Ritalin Crash

carpediem
August 1st, 2010, 08:18 PM
I just started taking Ritalin today, hoping to try something without the side effects I had of Adderall, which helped me immensely last year after being diagnosed with ADHD. But, after taking the Ritalin short acting 20mg i had the worst crash, ever. I got so depressed, I started thinking about myself, what's wrong with me, etc, etc. But I'm never like that, I'm always the one to help people, not to need help. So basically I'm wondering if you've ever taken Ritalin or know someone who has and if you have any experience with this crash. I really hope it goes away. . . Thanks for any responses.

BeautifulDisaster
August 2nd, 2010, 05:14 AM
I used to take Ritalin, & I would crash very badly. I'd lose control of myself & I remember smashing my room up at my school(it was a residential unit), getting very agitated, angry, anxious & I would think of harming myself as well.

I was then put on Concerta so it will last until night time.
The crashes were a lot better.
Maybe this is an option for you?

I'd discuss this crash with your doctor. They could suggest something else for you.

Maybe you need to get used to being on them though first, so give it a few weeks for your body to adjust.

carpediem
August 8th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Hey, thanks for replying. My doctor also gave me a script for concert a so I'll try that, and i font i can always go back to adder all. At least i know the crash is somewhat normal/common.

BeautifulDisaster
August 9th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Yes, it is fairly common, but if it does interfere with things, then you do need to talk to your doctor.
Even on Concerta, you may still get side effects, including crashes.
Keep your doc up to date.

Take care.

sara1220
October 12th, 2010, 02:36 AM
I used to get them too i hated rittilan! rittilan is bad stuff that can really fuck with your head! i suggest trying different meds I take the adderal XR and it works great for me!

Alexithymia
November 21st, 2010, 10:54 PM
I have the same problem. I'm in pretty good control of my ADHD (could mistake it now for just have a short attention span at times) so I take Ritalin 5mg. I used to take 20mg Methylphenidate, which really made me depressed and the crashes sucked. (I was suicidal.) I went to Adderall for a while, but didn't like it either. I'm now taking brand name Ritalin, which helps with the crashes, but they still come. I might try Concerta though, now that you mentioned it.

Syvelocin
November 22nd, 2010, 12:16 AM
Please don't bump old threads :locked: