PDA

View Full Version : The popular OCD confusion

Syvelocin
July 21st, 2010, 06:03 PM
I'm sick of people saying, "Yeah, I'm pretty OCD with my locker." Or pencils. Or books. Or room. Or whatever.

I'm sick of people trying to sympathize with me because they're "OCD with cleaning."

I'm sick of people with typical day-to-day lives saying that they are OCD when they are CLEARLY not.

If you were OCD, you wouldn't celebrate it like you do. OCD screws your mind up. If I could get rid of a mental illness, I would never get rid of my bipolar disorder. Maybe my social anxiety, but if I had to choose one, it WOULD be OCD. It's much worse than my social anxiety, which gives me the inability to take off my sunglasses in a super market, go bowling because there's someone who I THINK is watching me in the lane next to me, or cross the school cafeteria to get napkins, even to eat in the cafeteria.

No, OCD is much worse. OCD is nothing you want to have. And you're definitely not OCD if you're a neat freak. My room is a disaster, but a disaster that I can understand. When someone is in my room, and messes with my things, I know, whether it's just the slightest little budge of a cd or my closet door being open. I know if I ever did that, and I know exactly what is amiss in a situation.

I have intrusive thoughts of my female teachers in sexual situations that are the most embarassing and problematic symptom I have ever come across.

I have some of the weirdest rituals that must happen every time I do something. I must have my way with all of my obsessions or I completely break down in the mind.

I'd like to see the posers in my situation and watch them squirm.

Dorsum Oppel
July 21st, 2010, 10:59 PM
*clapclapclap*

Concurrence is present.

BeautifulDisaster
July 22nd, 2010, 09:29 AM
I totally agree!

Chris95
July 25th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Well I don't have OCD, but I do have social anxiety, which you mentioned. And if OCD is worse than SA, then... wow, I feel for you.