PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else, hate taking pills for ADD?

Voodoo
July 20th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I hate taking pills but I need them for my A.D.D. like sometimes I forget to take them! When I do I can't pay attention for shyt.. well thats a no brainier but yeah.

Anyone else thing they should make like a shot, like monthly or a monthly pill or something.

Jennifer's Ashes
July 29th, 2010, 10:48 PM
My brothers on add meds, which really mess him up. Hes always incredibly cranky and he is never hungry, so he's lost a lot of weight. We only give it to him on school days, but then have to put up with his particularly annoying brand of add. If you hate to take the pills, the best thing for it is omega 3s which are found in eggs , fish, and much more. Hope this helps!

BeautifulDisaster
July 30th, 2010, 04:19 AM
I used to take them but I don't anymore.
They helped a lot, so I didn't hate them for that, but I hated the side effects, & I hated sometimes having to take a pill.
Also forgot to take it sometimes too haha.

TheMatrix
August 5th, 2010, 01:21 AM
i used to have the same problem. we looked @ pills, but we decided not to do that.
have any of you heard of Dr. Mark Steinberg, Ph. D ?
he does neurofeedback, some high-tech, very safe computer thing. he's in los gatos, ca near bascom ave..
he wrote "the 20 hr add solution" or something.

anyway, pills are not the answer. neurofeedback is.

try eeginfo.com (http://eeginfo.com) for your area.

jason93
August 14th, 2010, 10:05 PM
It help me during school so I don't mind taking them.

Mandy
August 14th, 2010, 10:32 PM
i dont mind taking them at all and i never forget to cus i start not feeling good if i dont take them.

mallory
August 31st, 2010, 09:49 AM
I dont take them for ADD but ADHD. and the same is for me. when i forget to take them I cant pay attention at all and I am incredibly hyper. But when I do take them I am cranky and not hungry and it worries my mom to. and I fully agree with you they should make only a monthly pill because it is hard to remeber them daily!

Asylum
September 21st, 2010, 08:11 AM
i was on ADD meds for years, it messed with my anxiety... made my life sooo much worse... :(

jason93
September 22nd, 2010, 08:48 AM
ADHD meds have come a long way from having to take them four times a day to now having one a day capsules.

It would be hard to make a shot for it because how the medication is.

Tyler-Jay
October 9th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I fainted because I had low blood sugar from not eating.

sara1220
October 12th, 2010, 02:15 AM
I am on meds too for add and i am kinda sick of taking them. but i take them every day because if i forget i feel bored and really depressed. it does curb my appetite but i force myself to eat anyway.

ikhasgkfjh
February 14th, 2011, 09:11 AM
OMG yes! I hated the lose of appetite. I also got a weekly headache on mondays. I hate medicine. But you gotta do whatcha gotta do. I actually stopped taking it about a year ago.

Syvelocin
February 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Please don't bump old threads :locked: