PDA

View Full Version : Do I have OCD?

notsure101
July 11th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Ok so ever since I was little I had to have the TV volume on a number divisible by 5. Example 0,5,10,15. If it is not on a odd number I don't feel normal. And when it doesnt have numbers to show volume it has to be either 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 or up full. Is this considered OCD? Also all the beggining letters in a word in a song name has to be capitalized. Is this OCD?

Insanity Fair
July 11th, 2010, 10:10 PM
That's not OCD. You just like round numbers and are anal about proper capitilization.

Iron Man
July 11th, 2010, 10:17 PM
It might be OCD. People perform "rituals" that their mind demands. Such rituals could be you making the volume at numbers divisible by 5 or the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 things. The capitalization thing wouldn`t be a ritual, because it is just proper writing and grammar.

BeautifulDisaster
July 11th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Those can be OCD traits, but if it does not cause any interference with your life, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you're worried you may have OCD, see a professional.

SoFlaDude
July 13th, 2010, 06:30 AM
This sounds more like anything else to be OCPD, or Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. It's perfectly normal to have, since you have the Compulsions of OCD, but you don't have the Obsessions of OCD. As you might of noticed, I have to have certain letters capitalized or not I feel kind of odd... I also have OCPD :)

Death
July 19th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Whether or not it's OCD can depend on various things. Do you have to have it like you said? How would you feel if you forced yourself to have it at a different volume? Because sometimes I feel like I have OCD traits (as in sometimes I like keeping things even so if I press one of two button a lot, I sometimes feel like pressing the other a few extra times), but I doubt that I have OCD because I feel little to no actual compulsion to do these things, and I can mostly ignore it, and it goes away.

bidude94
July 21st, 2010, 11:26 AM
OMG i totally know how you feel, my tv volume has to be on an even number. It's been like that forever!

love_linds
July 21st, 2010, 02:59 PM
i would say you dont hav OCD. the volume on the tv has to be lik that for me aswel. a lot of people are lik that. whether its by 5's, odd numbers, even numbers.

if you want to see people with OCD watch this show called Obsessed on A&E. its actually pretty good. lol.

Syvelocin
November 23rd, 2010, 06:24 PM
Please don't bump old threads :locked: