PDA

View Full Version : Prozac

blackfire
April 27th, 2010, 11:32 PM
i hate antidepressants but i am forced to take them cause i tried to kill myself. Prozac is a crime to humanity. I was reading up on it one day cause i got bored. When it was in the clincial trail stages it kept failing tests and wasn't even made to be an antidepressant, the company that sponsered the trail were trying to make a weight loss pill. It just makes me feel worse then when i am not on it. but the rents are asses so nothing i can do about i guess.

Zephyr
April 28th, 2010, 04:56 AM
They're only looking out for you hun, trust me. No parent wants to see their child depressed, and surely not have to find them dead one day. They care about you and want to see you do better. A lot of us have been in your shoes before. If you don't feel comfortable taking Prozac, then you can always talk to your doctor about it and find an alternative. I understand the feeling of hating taking meds, I used to be notorious for not taking them, but once you get used to them, it's really nothing at all. And once you start feeling better, you can possibly start reducing your dosage until you're off of medication and are able to function better without them.

hybrid
October 20th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Depending on the dosage your taking Prozac can be a bitch.
When I was diagnosed with depression I was put on Prozac and another drug to help me sleep and make sure my mood was in check.
Ultimately I hated the feeling and was able to get off them.

So just hang in there, and if it's really not right for you talk to someone.

Scarface
October 20th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Please don't bump old threads, this is almost 6 months old. Thanks. :locked: