PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP! Schizotypal Personality Disorder

Michaell
April 22nd, 2010, 06:53 PM
Schizotypal Personality Disorder and Schizoid Personality

okay yeah what the hell is that? im scared o_o i took this online test (okay i knwotheir not for a dianoises) jsut that the symptons fits WAYYY better then OCD (even though i very well have ocd wit my thoughts).

I just saw that disorder and look up the symptons

iunno more infortmaion i guess? im just shocked i guess, kidan useless topic but i donno X.x

INFERNO
April 22nd, 2010, 07:13 PM
Matching symptoms does not mean you have the disorder because there is a necessary criteria to meet as well. This criteria allows for more precise diagnoses and to rule out people who do not have the disorder.

You mentioned it already but the online tests are just for fun, they have no diagnostic value and in some cases, they're composed by amateurs without much knowledge in the subject.

That said, you CAN have OCD and either personality disorder but does not mean you do. The reason being is for diagnosing, there are 2 main axes. Axis I would contain OCD while Axis II would contain the personality disorders. I'm not going to outline the symptoms and criteria of either personality disorder because it will increase the chances of you self-diagnosing (more so than you are already doing) and if want a proper diagnosis then you need to consult a mental health professional. It's also clear that you're attempting to rationalize your behaviors by attempting to self-diagnose. This implies you believe or perhaps have been told by fellow peers or family that your behaviors are unusual and are trying to use the psychiatric disorders as a way to try to fit into the norms of society (you believe you're violating them in some way), however, using the psychiatric disorders as justification is counter-productive if this is your intent.

This is merely my guess so I may be wrong.

Michaell
April 22nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
Matching symptoms does not mean you have the disorder because there is a necessary criteria to meet as well. This criteria allows for more precise diagnoses and to rule out people who do not have the disorder.

You mentioned it already but the online tests are just for fun, they have no diagnostic value and in some cases, they're composed by amateurs without much knowledge in the subject.

That said, you CAN have OCD and either personality disorder but does not mean you do. The reason being is for diagnosing, there are 2 main axes. Axis I would contain OCD while Axis II would contain the personality disorders. I'm not going to outline the symptoms and criteria of either personality disorder because it will increase the chances of you self-diagnosing (more so than you are already doing) and if want a proper diagnosis then you need to consult a mental health professional. It's also clear that you're attempting to rationalize your behaviors by attempting to self-diagnose. This implies you believe or perhaps have been told by fellow peers or family that your behaviors are unusual and are trying to use the psychiatric disorders as a way to try to fit into the norms of society (you believe you're violating them in some way), however, using the psychiatric disorders as justification is counter-productive if this is your intent.

This is merely my guess so I may be wrong.

i did it with a site off this website.
i donno if im justifying or not >.< im wondeirng if i do have it for real, or like you said. cause i want to get better faster in therapy and if im workin on some other disorder and then its like not veyr productive :s

" It's also clear that you're attempting to rationalize your behaviors by attempting to self-diagnose" i think im? i cant really tell, is that wrong =\

Asylum
April 22nd, 2010, 07:52 PM
if you are or aren't the above, you can't self diagnose, and no one here can diagnos you. you need to get a professional to do so,so they an get you the hlpe you need. see if i was to diagnse you, which i can't, but lets for fun say i did, i diagose you with ADD now what will you do with that informtion? nothig. you need help. you must talk to your doctor or a psycologis about yoru concerns and get the help you need. since you are conscerned that yu have the above go now!!! what are you waiing for? why ar you checking sites, they cn't help you. they can't help you lke professionals who deal with this on a daily basis and are trained with the knowledge. your questoning it, so go now to a doctor.

Michaell
April 22nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
if you are or aren't the above, you can't self diagnose, and no one here can diagnos you. you need to get a professional to do so,so they an get you the hlpe you need. see if i was to diagnse you, which i can't, but lets for fun say i did, i diagose you with ADD now what will you do with that informtion? nothig. you need help. you must talk to your doctor or a psycologis about yoru concerns and get the help you need. since you are conscerned that yu have the above go now!!! what are you waiing for? why ar you checking sites, they cn't help you. they can't help you lke professionals who deal with this on a daily basis and are trained with the knowledge. your questoning it, so go now to a doctor.
okay

INFERNO
April 22nd, 2010, 09:19 PM
i did it with a site off this website.
i donno if im justifying or not >.< im wondeirng if i do have it for real, or like you said. cause i want to get better faster in therapy and if im workin on some other disorder and then its like not veyr productive :s

" It's also clear that you're attempting to rationalize your behaviors by attempting to self-diagnose" i think im? i cant really tell, is that wrong =\

Doesn't matter if it was a site off of this site, it's not something I'd think to be useful in diagnosing. If you want to know whether or not you truly have the given disorder(s), then go to a mental health professional. It's not wrong to try to rationalize why you do something, however, when you self-diagnose, your rationalizations may not match you, hence it doesn't rationalize. In other words, you dig yourself further into the problem. On the other hand, suppose you do self-diagnose and get the correct diagnosis. It's useless because you cannot provide therapy also, so you'll need to see a mental health professional anyways who will do their professional diagnosis on you also.

The only thing self-diagnosing such as this gets you is a clear indication that you're confused and concerned about your place in society and figuring out who you are. This is resolved without a psychiatric disorder label.

Zephyr
April 25th, 2010, 08:10 AM
If I recall, that thread wasn't any sort of official test, just something that was 'played' around with, so don't take the results literally. There is so much more to a diagnosis than an online test and matching up symptoms.