PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure whats happening I need some advice and im worried.

mdawg27
April 20th, 2010, 06:19 PM
About over a month ago I started feeling this weird clogged up feeling in my left ear and about a week later this heartbeat clogged up sound in my right ear. I went to all these doctors and nothings seemed to help at allthey just say theres nothing wrong with you, you have to live with it. It's really been bothering me and I cant get the feeling of my ears will never feel normal as lonmg as I live I have to deal with it. The doctors seem to think its all in my head and I might havr some kind of depression because I feel tired a lot, I get confused easily, and its really hard for me to have fun even if I do fun things. I'm also worried if this has anything to do with schitzophrenia because my mom has it and her mother so i heard its genetic? IDk I just wanna be myself again so I can enjoy life better and do well in school because right now I have a hard time concentrating on things. Is there anything I can do besides going to therapy to stop thinking about this even if I'm going to have this problem my whole life? I'm going to start therapy next week just wondered if you can give me any advice to help, thank you

Nickk XD
April 20th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Schitzophrenia is hereditary.

The symptoms you are having seem to point to excessive salt intake or high blood pressure...I'm mostly referring to the heart beat feeling in your ears. Ringing/heart beat signals high blood pressure or high salt intake.

The unable to enjoy yourself is related to brain chemicals that are messed up and can point to several different types of depression/mental illnesses and a few other things. Right now, your symptoms are blanket symptoms. That means they can mean a lot of things...as a lot of things includes everything you have...

Not sure what else I can say.

mdawg27
April 20th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Alright thank you so I should cut down on my salt intake and exercise more? And your telling me its too early to tell what I have right? I mean I really have no reason to be depressed cuz I honestly have a great life, its probably something I cant really control right? and would you know anything about that other feeling of fullness in my ear?

Mr. Awesome
April 20th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Well for the concentration, make sure you get enough sleep every night ( 8 hours) a good breakfast ( not coco pops or sugar puffs something high in fibre) and stay hydrated. That should help with concentrating

Try not to think about it all at one time, that will only get you flustered and stressed, take one thing at a time problem a then b then c and so on. Try joing a new club, it will help with taking your mind of things and maybe even make a few friends

Nickk XD
April 20th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Well, there isn't an exact point of when you're able to tell for anything. It simply takes the right doctor with the right knowledge. This could be a serious issue or it may just be temporary and mild.

I would go back to your family doctor. If he's unable to find anything then say "OK, who should I see now? This is a real issue. Should I have a blood workup? What about seeing another doctor, maybe a cardiologist? What about a psychologist?" You're on this forum, so I assume your pretty young. Doctors take younger people, like teenagers, less serious. It is wrong of them...but it's very true. Many teenagers have something called "white elevated blood pressure". White resembles fake. This is not uncommon and doctors see it when you have the test done...but they disregard it because of your age.

The fullness in your ear is related to the pounding and other sounds and oddities in your ear, most likely. Another thing would be to ask "Should I see an ear, nose, and throat doctor?"

If you get it verified to be one of the things I've mentioned, then you can definitely control it. It may only be temporary and would go away without any changes. I have these from time to time (the ear oddities).

mdawg27
April 20th, 2010, 06:49 PM
thanks a lot guys if anyone has anymore advice let me know

mdawg27
April 20th, 2010, 08:49 PM
yes ive been to the ear nose and throat doctor got all the blood work had an MRA and MRV everythimg came back negative. Could you tell me more about this test? maybe next time i got to the doctor I can reccomend it cuz im going back to the ENT in a couple weeks for a follow up appointment. So the fullness could be from the heartbeat sound? this could be all connected?