PDA

View Full Version : Am I hearing voices??

cadaverous_roots
March 18th, 2010, 10:39 PM
So I'm a little confused as to whether or not this is considered "hearig voices" or just weird thoughts. I feel as though there are like three me's in my head. One tells me to be impulsive and to harm myself, and drives my mental illnesses, while one is all rational and tries to rationalize against the impulsive one using stuff that the doctors have said like coping mechanisms and reasons not to harm myself. And then i feel like there is just plain me in the middle... sitting there and watching this conversation going on. Is this normal? Because they're all thoughts, but they seem to be coming from different parts of me. Are these considered voices?

kiki776
March 19th, 2010, 12:05 AM
idk but i hear voices too

INFERNO
March 19th, 2010, 02:35 AM
It's quite subjective but if it sounds like someone with a distinct voice is talking to you, then it would be considered an auditory hallucination but if it's competing thoughts, it probably isn't. I cant help you beyond that because it's what you perceive and only you can know that.

Ryhanna
March 19th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Hmm...
it might be merely your mind not shutting up and thinking random things.
But it might be voices.
I honestly have no idea to be honest, I'm sorry. I hope it works out tho

Scarface
March 19th, 2010, 10:25 AM
sometimes i will hear little things said in my head, but hey it could be my conscious

Brighter.Tomorrow
March 19th, 2010, 10:16 PM
It may be a form of split personality disorder. But it could be nothing. We all have voices that give different sides to each thing we do and or think. You just have to know when it becomes a problem, most people with split personality disorder say it's like at times as if someone else is controlling them.

XxHaViiK
March 22nd, 2010, 07:09 PM
The only things I hear as far as voices is heavy whispering. They just tell me if someone I'm thinking or seeing is innocent or guilty of something wrong. I just ignore the voices because meds never work.

sakuhano
April 11th, 2010, 09:30 PM
So I'm a little confused as to whether or not this is considered "hearig voices" or just weird thoughts. I feel as though there are like three me's in my head. One tells me to be impulsive and to harm myself, and drives my mental illnesses, while one is all rational and tries to rationalize against the impulsive one using stuff that the doctors have said like coping mechanisms and reasons not to harm myself. And then i feel like there is just plain me in the middle... sitting there and watching this conversation going on. Is this normal? Because they're all thoughts, but they seem to be coming from different parts of me. Are these considered voices?

This happens to me often as well. My psychiatrist does call them voices, but I've never thought of them as being voices. I'm diagnosed with severe Bipolar Disorder with psychotic features, if it helps you at all.

Torque
April 11th, 2010, 09:40 PM
You should consider seeing a psychiatrist if you are worried about it. You may end up hurting your self.

Brayden
April 16th, 2010, 11:03 AM
This sounds to me like your 'inner monologue' or your 'stream of consciousness', your view on the world is effected by the mood that you're in and the amount of stress that you feel. So when things are going bad, you're inner voice turns more pessimistic, encourages self-harm behaviour, etc. You then attempt to rationalise against such behaviour, the key word here being rationalise. Someone whose schizophrenic doesn't attempt to rationalise their irrational behaviour, because they view it as rational.

If you're hearing these voices outside of your head, then we perhaps could have a problem. But if all of this is going on internally, I really don't see anything too terribly weird about all of this.

I'm not a medical professional and therefore cannot diagnose what is happening with you.

mizz dramaa
August 18th, 2010, 11:23 AM
The only things I hear as far as voices is heavy whispering. They just tell me if someone I'm thinking or seeing is innocent or guilty of something wrong. I just ignore the voices because meds never work.

dont wurry i hear voices to wat i usally do is rite it down but i cant controll it itz hard for me then i show the doctor how many tymes i hear voices and it workes their going to put me on sum new meds for it