PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean? Help!

cezisnotdead
February 28th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Please help!

Right, I do NOT hear voices, the way you hear them like on the radio... but most of the time I can't control my thoughts... it's like, you know when you hear your thoughts? Well it feels as if someone else is controlling them... this 'other side' of my mind is so commonly heard and a strong personality it's even got a name. And It's not nice... It thinks I should be unhappy for It, like... if I start changing for the better because of a friend I can't be friends with them because I've got to be perfect for my 'other side', the perfect easy to manipulate person I am when I'm most depressed. So I don't know, do I need help? Or is this normal? I've considered telling my psychologist about this, but what am I supposed to say, 'I don't hear voices but I sort of get told what to do by a non-voice'?

Aspiringanonymous
February 28th, 2010, 11:48 PM
I understand; it is an experience that I have been battling for the past year or so. I never opened up to anyone directly about the exact details, so I can't say how best to approach that, but I was able to eventually rise above it without the need of others either way. I took the time to understand how the voice came to be, its characteristics and patterns, as well as the aspects of my existence which it caused me to significantly question - and after months of frustrating trial and error, found an effective approach towards overcoming its influence.

Every once in a while, it still ambushes me at the most unlikely times, and it still speaks, though its words are no longer entwined with manipulative power. Unfortunately, it is near to impossible to 'un-conceive' a thought, especially a powerful one - but mere thoughts in themselves mean nothing until they are given a meaning. And that is the first thing to recognize - that, no matter what the voice is telling you, the fact that it is able to automatically exert such a great influence over your being is illogical and absurd.

The most important observation I can share, is that the more one intentionally focuses on the voice or anything related, the more tightly it is able to grasp the consciousness. When one's sanity is being threatened, it is an instinctive reaction to pour all of one's mental energy into fighting that force - the result of which tends to be rather ironic - by focusing on it, the mind is in fact unconsciously drawing it closer and closer.

Perhaps it would be helpful to confide in someone - if anything, during times when you are having difficulty trusting your own thoughts, someone from the external world is able to offer a refreshing of reality. I, for one, am always around if you wish to discuss this further.

May you find clarity amidst the confusion.

Asylum
March 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
same thing happens to me i have no idea what it is or what it means... i'd say seek professional help... sorry i colnd't be mroe of help

Scarface
March 4th, 2010, 06:52 AM
i would definitely tell your psychologist because only doctors or therapists can diagnose or say weather the voices in your head heed true or not. i hope this helps pm me if u need to talk