PDA

View Full Version : i just want to keep my friends... away

KChiChi
February 26th, 2010, 03:42 AM
so i'm kind of bipolar, well, just a bit of hypermania and minor derpression, and i'm really trying to keep my friends away from me. it's not because i don't like then, it's just because i want to keep them. and if they're close to me, they'll suffer while i'm depressed and cussing all over the place.

does anyone think i'm fine?? do you think this is the right thing?

Mr. Smithers
February 26th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Are you being honest with your friends? Did you tell them that you were bi-polar?

If you didn't, it's gonna be harder for you to have a friendship with them. They should be able to accept you if you tell them. If they decide not to be your friend, because you told them you were bi-polar, then they weren't really your friends to begin with.

I think that if you really want to keep your friends, you have to be honest with them, rather than try to hide, and not be yourself when you are around them.

KChiChi
February 26th, 2010, 03:50 AM
i live in a community where such is not acceptable... the odds are out. literally, shunned out. at the moment, i'm hiding the fact that i'm bisexual.
though, i think they might have guessed. well... i'm always extremely grumpy even when i'm not on my periods. and they know me very well
i'm keeping them away because i don't want them to get hurt by what i'd say. i think they want to help... but i can't risk that.

Mr. Smithers
February 26th, 2010, 03:53 AM
i live in a community where such is not acceptable... the odds are out. literally, shunned out. at the moment, i'm hiding the fact that i'm bisexual.
though, i think they might have guessed. well... i'm always extremely grumpy even when i'm not on my periods. and they know me very well
i'm keeping them away because i don't want them to get hurt by what i'd say. i think they want to help... but i can't risk that.

I completely understand where you are coming from. It would just be better for you to be at least be truthful to your friends. Even if you are afraid of losing them. I pretty sure that if you talk it out and explain your problem to them, they should be very accepting and understanding.

KChiChi
February 26th, 2010, 04:01 AM
well... do you also have manic-depression?

Mr. Smithers
February 26th, 2010, 04:03 AM
I actually do believe it or not. Most of my friends also are.

I don't let it get to me though.

KChiChi
February 26th, 2010, 04:21 AM
i can't control it. well, i haven't got any medication yet and i've been warned to stay away from anything that triggers emotions -ah, friends! i know someone who's on border-line though -she has massive mood swings but i doubt she's bipolar. but she understands what i'm going through so that's okay.
she's one of the only people who i can talk to when i'm on critical and she kind of understands where i'm coming from. she blames it on the fact that we LUV debating, but i haven't told her that i'm bipolar yet...

Teardrop Harmony
March 26th, 2010, 02:23 PM
hey hey, i get where you are coming from but don't forget you also need people to help you out in a way. i find that when i am around people i cope better for i keep strong for them. i think maybe if you were to open up to someone who is close and would understand then possibly that would help. :)

btw pm if you ever need to tlk, n dnt let it get you down things get better

the steaper the mountain the harder the climb the better the view from the finishing line

Brayden
March 26th, 2010, 02:29 PM
If you are bi-polar, isolating yourself from people is in no way helpful. It can make your 'down swings' much worse, and your manic episodes can be more chaotic without someone with you.

I suggest you come clean to your friends about your BPD, most of them will be understanding. It's a sad bit, but being 'miserable' or having a psychiatric illness seems to be what's all the rage these days.