PDA

View Full Version : Do I have OCD?

Fiction
February 16th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I haven't always been like this. I used to be a very messy person but about a year and a half ago that changed. I tidied my room and its been that way ever since. It's not that i don't like mess, its that i like tidying and organising things. When i'm bored i go up to my room and tidy. When i'm stressed i tidy alot. I will organise and reorganise things because i'm stressed. It serves the same puropose to me as my self-harm does. It doesn't effect my life much, but i just wondered if this could be OCD?

BeautifulDisaster
February 16th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure if it is, it sounds like a technique you use when you're stressed, perhaps even a distraction/ something to focus on/ something to do?

Mr. Smithers
February 16th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Talk to a school counselor or psychologist. They will be able to diagnose you or not.

BeautifulDisaster
February 16th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Psychiatrists actually diagnose you, so you'd need to be assessed by one.

Fiction
February 16th, 2010, 08:52 PM
It doesn't effect me so i don't want a diagnosis i just want to know if it could be that or not.

BeautifulDisaster
February 17th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Well, I don't think it is.

To have OCD, it does need to affect your life by some degree.

It sounds as though this is something you do when you're stressed out as a technique though.

Mattasaur94
February 18th, 2010, 02:51 AM
I doubt its OCD, but, if it is, it's not exactly a bad thing.
As said above, It just sounds like a thing you do when your stressed, something which is constructive enough to benefit you and keep you distracted. It helps you know what you're doing and how your going to do it. I have to have everything organised, or I get grumpy... =/
(:

Fiction
February 18th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Ok yeah its a way to deal with stress i knew that much i just didn't know if it counted as OCD or not :P Thanks for all your replys :)