View Full Version : has anyone taken Concerta for adhd/add?

February 16th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Hey everyone been awhile but i need your opinion on some things but ima give ya some info 1st. i was diagnosed with adhd 9 years ago (when i was 6) my former meds straterra only made me fall asleep in my class which made my grades drop, i ended up bringin em back up eventually before semester ended. now after 9 years my mom finally decided to drop straterra & in Concerta.

-What are the side effects of Concerta?
-Has it been know to work, or fail?
-does any1 on here take or know any1 that takes it?

Anyways, ims get going, thx for reading <3

February 16th, 2010, 03:13 AM
I was on it for a few months, it was shit, the negatives outweighed the positives.

But we're all different, so any answers will be useless.

February 16th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I take Concerta, and I am fine

February 16th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I take concertante and it helps alot I have ADHD the only side affect is loss of apettite for me

February 16th, 2010, 11:51 PM
I take concerta, have been for a long time, it's good, the loss of appetite is kind of annoying, although i take migraine medicine every night that kind of unintentionally counter-acts the effect. (Periactin makes you hungrier, concerta makes you less)

P.S. I've also taken Strettera, i know how you feel, it would make me very sleepy as well.

February 18th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I take it i was diagnosed with adhd wen i was 7 and i need to get a stonger med so i did i find it that it helps me concentrate in school when i dont i dont know why but i cry 4 no reason i find it much easier with it

Peace God
March 13th, 2010, 07:25 AM
i used to take it 3yrs ago im pretty sure you'll like it better that straterra

March 13th, 2010, 09:23 AM
i was on 80mg of stratera and it was useless as well for me. i was also on ritalin and concerta, but to answer your question all of the medicines failed for me because the headaches and the mood swings i had where terrible. This doesn't happen for everyone so do not think that this is your case. I no longer take the meds.

Starlight Blaze
March 30th, 2010, 06:40 PM
my bro took Concerta for a lot of his life
it's different for most people
for him, he just didn't eat a lot
but it did help his ADHD

May 9th, 2010, 12:45 AM
i take it every day and it works some times but some times i just want to jump off a cliff and it makes me really hungry and i some times i can see when i close my eyes for like 5 minutes

May 11th, 2010, 09:19 AM
What are the side effects of Concerta?

the side effects... oh boy.. no sleep, not eating, depression, anxiety increased, i acted like a robot on that stuff, i'm nto sure if that was the one that gave me stomach aches or not, but it did make my heart speed up... wait no that was adderal... every ADD/ADHD med i tried had the above symptoms... however, this does not mean i'm saying do not take meds, i have tried constant medications since the age of 6 each had horrible side effts with the above, but they made me focused, nwo i odn't take meds, i'm myselff, i'm happier, i'm not a robot :) however meds work differently with everyone don't not take somethign because of seomeone else experience. go to a doctor see what he/she says about it, tell them you are afraid of bad side affects, and try it. have your parents or yourself do some research if the meds apparently have a lot of bad side affects and a lot of people have them don't take it, don't take meds new on the market wait awihle (this is just for precaution sake, because by then everyone knwos the side affects, so if it is killing people, you wont' be killed this of course is an exaggerated example)

i have taken countless of meds for this all prescribed by doctors and i know thsi is obvious, but i feel like i hsould say this anywya but DON'T TAKE MEDS NOT PRESCRIBED BY DOCTOR. hope this helps

May 13th, 2010, 12:21 AM
I take concerta and it is [email protected]!#$%$# GREAT.
IT WORKS because i take the long actING STuFf

Dorsum Oppel
May 19th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Sucked, it made my OCD about ten times worse.

King of Clubs
May 21st, 2010, 02:01 PM
Concerta worked great for me, had a few side effects - loss of apetite, trouble sleeping etc, but it didnt last.

June 14th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I used to take Concerta but I've found I haven't needed it as much. It's slow release so it gave me just enough to pay attention but at the same time it didn't make me feel like a robot like the stronger ones would.

August 31st, 2010, 09:57 AM
I take concerta and all it does is make me feel not hungry at all,it also affects me a little bit it makes me more emotional idk why....and it made it so I cant sleep well so i take melatonin that helps take it 2 hours b4 bedtime but it does help with your concentration and it helped with my grades so it is better to use even with those side effects

August 31st, 2010, 10:25 AM
-What are the side effects of Concerta?

i have been taking concerta since i was diagnosed at age 7. It works for me well enough, but there is a BIG negative extreme loss of appetite, then theres a big loss of energy, but i guess thats supposed to happen, i would take something else, but nothing else will work except 1 im allergic to. I dont reccomend it.

September 24th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Concerta exactly the same as Ritalin but in long release form.

September 28th, 2010, 03:12 PM
i hate the meds i am on rite now it makes me sleep sooo much

September 30th, 2010, 09:19 PM
my brother is on it right now and its helped a lot i cant believe the diffrence but anyways you might loose ur apitite but the effects are worth it hope i helped :)

October 1st, 2010, 07:09 AM
yeah i take it :) 27 mg

October 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I used to take it and I hated it. I took it from like 5th grade to like the end of 7th. I only had a loss of appetite. The end of 7th grade I was 85 lbs. 8th grade I was 130. Now I'm in 10th weighing 140. But I still wish I take it so I could drop 10 lbs. easy.

October 9th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I took it from like 4th Grade till I was in 11th grade, and I didn't loose my appetite, it depends on some people though, like Kendel (MhWrestler135) said, he got the negative side effect of it. I my final dose was I believe 72 (2 pills of 36 mg). My Dad was totally against it but my Mom wasnt, she was looking out for my grades, and I did fine!

October 12th, 2010, 02:26 AM
i tried concerta and it made me really depressed, then i tried straterra all that did was make me sleepy now i'm on adderal and it works pretty good for me as long as I take it. if i forget i get really sad bored & depressed so i take it every day

October 19th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I take Concerta, It makes me depressed I:

February 14th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I used to take concerta. I took it for about 4 years. I was tired of the loose of appetite and I told my parents I refused to take it anymore. Surprisingly I have been able to control myself since I got off the medicine.

My parents made me take the 30 some mg pill.

February 14th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Please don't bump old threads :locked: