PDA

View Full Version : Opinions?

screamtobeheard
February 11th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Okay, so up until randomly last night I'd been in this major slump, for no apparent reason. But I couldn't write, I didn't have any desire to practice my instruments (which is saying a lot, because my music is my life), and I felt worthless and guilty just...pretty much for existing, I guess. I've been like that before, but then there are also the times when I'm just ecstatic all the time. I'm always talking, always writing, and for a little while it's like I'm on some weird high. I usually barely sleep because I'm never tired when I'm on the high ones but when I'm low, I'm always, always tired, no matter how much I sleep.

I was just curious if anyone has an opinion as whether or not it's just freakish hormones or something like bipolar disorder.

Syvelocin
February 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM
No diagnosis of course, but yeah, it's similar to what I and many others experience with bipolar disorder. I get those odd swings of depression and I can just lay there comfortably in bed and stare at the wall for hours on end, letting my brain flow. I'm a writer, singer, musician also, and I experience the same thing, though my lit. teacher has wanted me to go ahead and write anyway during negative manic episodes and my depression episodes (I hate my positive manic episodes. Feels so unnatural, the bubbly thing and the oxygen starvation when I can't stop moving my mouth). I think it's too personal to write during that time, because I will not regulate what comes to my mind, but try writing and see what happens. But, best advice I have is see a counselor and discuss what you experience :)

Fiction
February 13th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I feel exactly the same as you. I'm not diagnosed with anything though :/

screamtobeheard
February 13th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks for your opinion. I want to see a counselor, I'm just really scared of my parents. =/
And it's really good to know I'm not the only person like this out there. (:

Asylum
February 22nd, 2010, 09:32 AM
i feel exactly the way you do. i have anemia nd my doctor says it that. i was diagnosed at like 6 with it. Go to your doctor.

Indystar
February 23rd, 2010, 03:36 PM
i have anemia nd my doctor says it that.

I have anaemia too, and I guess that probably plays a big part in the lows people get? A lot of people can get temporary anaemia, which could cause the major slump.

I'm a musician too, but I love creating stuff when im in a manic episode - you get such amazing/weird hyperactive sounds out of it.

screamtobeheard
February 23rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
I haven't been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but yeah. When I have what I guess is similar, at least, to the manic episodes practically all I do is create stuff. I can write several songs in a day when I'm like that.